Windows 10 How can I do a full reinstall of Windows on my laptop to make it stock, no bloatware, etc?

budmonster

I have a Toshiba Satellite E45DW-C4210 (came preinstalled with Windows 10 so no disc obviously) & it came with some bloatware from Toshiba. I have no idea what other junk is on this machine.

How can I do a "fresh" wipe or whatever you want to call it so only Windows 10 is on the laptop, I don't want any Toshiba software/bloatware on the laptop. Basically just barebones, as if I built my this laptop myself and put a copy of Windows 10 on it. That is what I'm looking to do. I just feel starting over again with nothing but Windows will improve the laptop.

I know you can do a system reset where it wipes all your data & re-installs Windows 10 but then the Toshiba's software is just installed all over again. I don't know if this is possible but if it is how can I achieve this?

I'm not tech savvy at all so I appreciate the help!

Make an image of your system, before you begin. Things can go wrong and you are left with an inoperable computer. There are several free programs that can do this for you. It takes a short time (10 - 15 minutes) and is worth the effort. One I recommend is
Best free backup software for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, etc - EaseUS Todo Backup Free

As your PC/motherboard, has been legally registered now, with Microsoft, another alternative is to download your required version of Windows 10 from here:

Tech Bench

I think it would be a lot easier if you went into the uninstall programs and removed all the bloatware.

You'll need to download the windows media creator utility from Microsoft (google it). This will download a clean install of Win 10. It will ask if you want to update this PC now or create installation media for another pc. Choose the latter, Inserra USB w at least 8GB and install to it. Next, go to settings-- update-- recovery-- advanced startup. Choose restart. When prompted, choose troubleshoot. Then choose change UEFI BIOS settings. This will bring you into your BIOS. Change boot device to the USB, then restart. Windows installation will begin. Choose the disc currently in the laptop by deleting all partitions and agreeing to format the drive.

That's it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This seems very intimidating and overwhelming. I wonder if taking it to a local shop and having them do would ease my worries. I really thought there would be an option in Windows where you could restore to stock Windows minus the bloatware. I no idea it would all of this involved.

Back
Top Bottom