Windows 8 How can I recover forgotten Windows 8.1 password

Herbertly

I forgot my adminstrators password on my laptop,windows 8.1, and that is my only windows account, how can i recovery my password without the disc. It wont let me go into safe mode cause i still need the password. please help!

Sorry Herbertly... when you say adminitstrators password ... are you talking about just a local admin or the actual Microsoft id because they are very different things to recover.
Microsoft id = Sign in to your Microsoft account
Select "Can't access your account?" and have fun talking to Microsoft for hours, days, sometimes weeks to reset it.

I forgot my adminstrators password on my laptop,windows 8.1, and that is my only windows account, how can i recovery my password without the disc. It wont let me go into safe mode cause i still need the password. please help!

if you don’y have a microsoft account, then try to make a bootable usb disk and rest the password with it

if you don’y have a microsoft account, then try to make a bootable usb disk and rest the password with it

Hey, I don't have MS account, how can I create a bootable USB disk? or what to do with the bootable USB? Does it rest or remove the windows password?

Herbertly could you please download and run the adviser from our resource page = Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit
it will make a scan of your system and display it in the browser... DON'T post the entire scan because there will be info (like windows keys) that you should not make public... the bit I want to see is only your users

users.png

Last edited:
Try Ophcrack and it can recover your password via brute-force attack, the recovery time varies depend on your password complexity. If you just want to regain access to your PC, you can use PCUnlocker and it can immediately bypass Windows login for both local account and MS Live ID. The last resort is perform a clean install when there is no important file stored on your hard drive.

Back