Windows Vista How do I clean my Vista registry?

coolestjar

I am looking for registry cleaner for my windows vista. My Laptop was working good until now, I uploaded many applications and uninstalled it, one of my friends told me there are registry cleaner, but I am stuck after seeing the list on google, can you guys please help me out, I want the good registry cleaner which should be free from any bugs?

For free try Auslogics Registry cleaner, you can down load it from cnet.com in their downloads section. For a paid version I hear a lot of good things about RegCure. I took an A+ Cert prep course at my local college and both my instructors recommend RegCure. I'm one of those types of people that "why pay for something when I can get it for free". The choice is ultimately up to you. Also to keep you system in tip top shap I recommend these software applications as well: Adaware AE, Spybot s&d, Malwarebytes, spywaredoctor from google pack, Advance System Care 3, Auslogics disk and registry cleaners, AVG for antivirus, Windows defender. Again all these are free and can be downloaded from cnet.com.

I've always used "RegCure" No problems, even helps with a trojan and resetting the registry to previous state. (You can control Mega Stuff with it, even back-up, but you have to know what you are doing) As far as free goes "Kemical" swears by "CCleaner". Here's the link: CCleaner - Home Not sure about use on Mac....

To be very honest Regcure is a "knockoff" of a popular registry cleaner through an affiliate program.

CCleaner is good, however, it seems to wipe out file extensions and references to .NET framework, therefore I only use the junk files cleaner.

I've been using PCTools Registry Mechanic since 1996 and have had no problems that have every caused broken programs or prevented Windows from starting. A restore point is created before repairing, just in case.

Please remember, not to click on those "so called" registry cleaners that fix all errors on your system. It's just a marketing ploy and a bad one at that.

Hi,

There's no truly safe way to clean your Registry, only safer ways can do. And since this is an inherently dangerous job, the safest option of all to not do it. I know some experts say you should clean your Registry regularly to improve performance but I disagree with this . Clean your Registry only if Windows has a serious problem and nothing else works.

Hi,

There's no truly safe way to clean your Registry, only safer ways can do. And since this is an inherently dangerous job, the safest option of all to not do it. I know some experts say you should clean your Registry regularly to improve performance but I disagree with this . Clean your Registry only if Windows has a serious problem and nothing else works.

Absolutely, no need to clean it just for the hack of it.
It is good idea to create system restore points once in a while, especially before doing changes to your system.
Also not a bad idea to have a system backup image.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CCleaner - FAQ

YOUTUBE - How to use CCleaner to clean registry

Making changes to the registry is like playing with the danger of corrupting the windows operating system. There are number of cleaners available on net but for regular clean ups of the system they are not recommened. They should be used only when there is a technical issue and that too under the guidance of technical puspose. For regular maintenance install a good anti virus software and perform disk clean up and disk defragmenation. Installing more than one anti-virus also slows down the system.

CCleaner is the safest and most reliable one available. Many long time computer users use this program and this one only.

Be sure to backup the registry when using it, it allows you to do that.

Nearly all the other registry cleaners will cause problems.

CCleaner - Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Also that "Registry Cleaner Reviews" is a bogus review site set up by the company that owns RegCure.

They review several registry cleaners, but the only one advertised is RegCure.

Be very wary of so-called software review sites, unless they're from another source like AnandTech.com, CPU Magazine, CNet, etc.

Last edited:
There are many tools available online. You can try any of these which is reliable and fast. Just make sure that you download it from a trusted source only. C Cleaner is one of the most famous PC Registry Cleaners, you can get it downloaded for free.

I use PC Registry Shield and I am satisfied with it. You can download it from here:

Aaron

Last edited by a moderator:
Back