Windows 7 How do i disable remember last opened location?

shatterstar

The problem is, anytime i go to open a file with any program it defaults to the last location that i opened with that program. The problem with this is, if the last location no longer exists then you receive an error. This is really a problem with some batch files i run, because the error halts the batch process. Any way to disable this remember last opened location feature?

"with any program " might be putting off help. All the programs, wordpad MS Office etc, all have different configurations. Which programs are you referring to?

This has nothing to do with a program setting. This is a Windows 7 behavior, and its been bugging the hell out off me. I think I'm getting more mad now that nobody else seems to noticed this problem WTF? Seriously try it out and see what i mean. OK do this make a new folder anywhere it don't matter were, then put a picture inside this folder, now open up paint, click on open, navigate to the new folder with the picture iside that you just created and open it. Now close paint down, then delete the folder with the picture inside it. Now open up paint and go click on open and see what happens. This happens with ANY PROGRAM i just used paint as an example. Somebody please help me out here I'm loosing my mind over this stupid crap.

Hi there
Go and have a glass of whisky or smoke one of those "funny smelling" cigarettes they have in those Amsterdam Coffee shops -- to calm down.
Obviously this is not a general problem or it hasn't caused enough aggro for anybody to comment on it.

I'm not sure either what the problem is.

Could you post a screen shot of the problem.

cheers
jimbo

2ynfl3q.png

This is the error i get...........

Hi there -- doesn't happen to me ( I'm using Photoshop CS4 / Adobe Bridge for my images). In the menu there's a separate section for OPEN File and OPEN Recent. If you click Open Recent and try and position to a file that doesn't exist then the message appears.

Same with Office (Word, EXCEL and Powerpoint).

Not sure what the actual application you are running that causes this.

Try in any case switching off Windows Search in the Services ( control panel==>administrative tools) or just search Services in the control panel. Then switch off (set to STOP) windows search and set properties to MANUAL start instead of automatic.

Now try and run your application again.

Cheers
jimbo

Hi there -- doesn't happen to me ( I'm using Photoshop CS4 / Adobe Bridge for my images). In the menu there's a separate section for OPEN File and OPEN Recent. If you click Open Recent and try and position to a file that doesn't exist then the message appears.

Same with Office (Word, EXCEL and Powerpoint).

Not sure what the actual application you are running that causes this.

Try in any case switching off Windows Search in the Services ( control panel==>administrative tools) or just search Services in the control panel. Then switch off (set to STOP) windows search and set properties to MANUAL start instead of automatic.

Now try and run your application again.

Cheers
jimbo

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately it did not work. Any other ideas?

This has nothing to do with a program setting. This is a Windows 7 behavior, and its been bugging the hell out off me. I think I'm getting more mad now that nobody else seems to noticed this problem ...This happens with ANY PROGRAM i just used paint as an example.
You're not the only one this happens to, shatterstar.
It's bugging me too.
I am trying to think were it happens.
What programs am I using when it crops up.
I know, for one example, it happens in my mp3 tag program (Tag n'Rename)
And you're right it is a behaviour peculiar to Seven.
I dual boot and it doesn't happen in XP.
Come to think of it, it might also happen when I download to a specific location.
It is most annoying. :(

Back
Top Bottom