Windows 7 HOW DO I MAKE MY COMPUTER SHOW ME WHEN THE CAP LOCK KEY IS ON OR OFF?

Seriously???
Given the information that you have previously provided, I can tell you from here that your
CAPS LOCK KEY IS ON!

LMAO....

with my Samsung laptop the only way to tell is to type.....if lower case then hit caps AND NOW I HAVE CAPS ENABLED!!!!!....HIT IT AGAIN and now lower case enabled. As far as I know there is nothing for laptops like there is for a standard keyboard with the light showing on/off. You can contact your laptop vendor and ask them about it.

I always enable the Beep when caps lock is turned on setting in Windows.

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Ease of Access Center\Make the keyboard easier to use

Check "Turn on toggle keys"

Very useful to know when you accidentally hit Caps Lock. I personally think the Caps Lock key should be removed in favor for a search key :)

Usually there is an indicator light, up right, showing it. I have a rather standard keyboard, above the NumPad it shows a capital A, it's lit if in use, off when not in use. Controlled by Caps Lock, left in keyboard = goes off and on by pressing.

If you have a laptop, it may be a bit different. But the principle should be about the same.

LMAO....

with my Samsung laptop the only way to tell is to type.....if lower case then hit caps AND NOW I HAVE CAPS ENABLED!!!!!....HIT IT AGAIN and now lower case enabled. As far as I know there is nothing for laptops like there is for a standard keyboard with the light showing on/off. You can contact your laptop vendor and ask them about it.

I take that back, my Samsung does have the CAP LED light....it's at the frong edge and just under the touch pad left/right tabs...and where my hands/wrists lay on the laptop, it hides the indicating LED light. Silly me.

Not giving any real support here, but one of the most typical errors is to TYPE iN wrONG wAy. It happens. Not making fun of you, oKay?

I am sure with very minimal effort you can find a program to disable the Caps Lock key all together, as it should be.. RIP :D

THANKS TO EVERYONE. ON MY HOME COMPUTER WHEN I GO TO TYPE A PASSWORD AND CAP LOCK IS ON, IT WILL SAY CAP LOCK ON TO LET ME KNOW I AM IN CAPS MODE. THIS COMPUTER DOES NOT DO THAT AND I CANT FIND WHERE TO TURN IT ON. I AM VERY OLD AND DO NOT USE LOWER CASE. SORRY ABOUT THE CONFUSION. MY BAD

I don't consider it a bad at all, nor do I think anyone here does, don't worry about that. We want to help.

It could be more of a mechanical issue = the led is out. Can't remember working with a single computer that didn't have this indication. You should have a Caps Lock key? If it doesn't work on / off, the keyboard is probably broken.

Sorry if I continued something you wanted to end.

Back