Windows 7 How do I pull a driver from Vista 64 to Windows 7 64?

Drokare

Honorable Member
I have an HP 1120C Inkjet and the drivers were included in Windows Vista 64.

But they are not included in the Windows 7 64bit.

HP does not offer the drivers as they are already "included" in Vista.

As I still have Vista on my other Drive, can I just pull the drivers from there. and if so where do I find them?

Also on a side note I used Ultimate and really liked my DreamScenes, and with the Windows 7 Ultimate RC version I still do not see any support for them?

Thank in Advance,
-Drokare

As an alternative, I suggest trying some drivers from Microsoft Update:

Microsoft Update Catalog

I searched there on 1120c. The results are a bit confusing to me, but the largest version of the ones listed as 6.1.7111.1 seem to contain 64 bit components.

I have an HP 1120C Inkjet and the drivers were included in Windows Vista 64.

But they are not included in the Windows 7 64bit.

HP does not offer the drivers as they are already \"included\" in Vista.

As I still have Vista on my other Drive, can I just pull the drivers from there. and if so where do I find them?

Also on a side note I used Ultimate and really liked my DreamScenes, and with the Windows 7 Ultimate RC version I still do not see any support for them?

Thank in Advance,
-Drokare

Hello and Welcome to Windows7forums.. :)

In short, NO you can't simply 'pull' a driver from one OS and put it into another OS.. That would certainly be nice but unfortunately at this point in time we're not able to do that.. ;)

So, the alternative? Well if you can't find any drivers (even for Vista) on HP's Site than your going to have to wait until either HP or the printer Manufacturer release a Win 7 specific driver.. Remember, Win 7 is still in RC stages meanning there are still alot of devices that need drivers.. Developers are starting to pump them out but it's still going to take a while before everything has a driver (In general 64-bit takes a little longer too because it is not yet the Industry Standard)..

Here are a couple sites that have the driver your looking for. They are for Windows Vista but it should work with Windows 7 as well.. :)

HP DeskJet 1120C Printer - Free Software Downloads - ZDNet Asia

HP DeskJet 1120C Printer - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

Just google your printer and I'm sure you'll be able to find more if these one's don't work.. ;)

Back