Windows 10 How do I update my pc specs??

brkkab

Excellent Member
I tried to update my pc specs and it wouldn't let me on the forum. It's changed since the last time I did it here. How do I do it now? I want to get that out of the way, before I build my new pc on Tuesday.

I just read them! Very impressive! I guess I need to do that,but my old Toshiba lap top isn't very impressive
Very nice!!

Thanks, I've been getting the new parts since September. Still have 2 Sapphire R9 30X Nitro 4.0GB. video cards and a 24" ips monitor to get.

I went a little overboard on the case, too. I ordered a NZXT Phantom 820 in Matte Black. Wanted gunmetal, but it wasn't worth $30.00 more to me. I didn't get the white, as I'm going with red lighting on the cases Hue system and on my motherboards lighting. I also went with Velcro cable ties, instead of regular plastic one's.
After Tuesday when the case arrives, I switch into upgrade mode.

No way to get progress pics. I only have a webcam on pc in my bedroom.
New build is on hold now until next month. Motherboards cpu header is bad.

Seriously bored on my old pc. I put my old hhd and dvd-rw back in it. My Blu-ray, dvd-rw and bigger hdd are in the new case.
All my music, videos, etc are on that bigger hdd.
This pc, I just reinstalled the bare minimum on.
That route is boring on Sunday's, though. Nothing on tv worth watching.

you won't get no argument from me on the bowels of a pc … my knowledge of building one is diddly-squat. was reading forum earlier … one bloke was talking about coolers and hookups …
How to connect PWM hub on Enthoo Luxe case

as for tv … i canceled my subscription to dish a while back … evenings spent reading a book … weekends finding full-length movie online.

anyway … best of luck on your project, sport.

Yeah, the only 2 thing's I didn't know how to do was install a cpu and motherboard.
My 1st pc came through a computer programming course I was taking in 96. You had to install the pc's cd-rom driver, sound card, etc.
Then in 2099 there was a flood in my area that fried my motherboard. The pc repair shop stole a bunch of my parts. Then the motherboard they sold me and put in, died after 1 month. They wouldn't do squat.
Thus, I learned to install cpu's and motherboards real fast.
Optical drives, hdd's, ssd's, video cards and ram, I already knew how to install.
I definitely like the Phantom 820. Only things they should've done better are the hdd/ssd holders stink. Flimsy plastic. The pieces that hold the hdd in them, repeatedly fall's out. After 4 times of this, I used screws to hold my hdd and it's fine.
Definitely like the case better than my Corsair one.

Back