Windows 7 How Do You Clean A KB-0759 Keyboard

Keyboards are so inexpensive I would not waste much time on this - especially if the ginger beer got inside. You can certainly try to clean it as in the video - no harm in trying. Some have had success washing keyboards in a dishwasher, then letting the keyboard dry for several days. Much depends on the key mechanism uses. Some have levers and springs, some are membrane buttons.

Consider yourself lucky you did not spill that on a notebook keyboard.

Keyboards are so inexpensive I would not waste much time on this - especially if the ginger beer got inside. You can certainly try to clean it as in the video - no harm in trying. Some have had success washing keyboards in a dishwasher, then letting the keyboard dry for several days. Much depends on the key mechanism uses. Some have levers and springs, some are membrane buttons.

Consider yourself lucky you did not spill that on a notebook keyboard.

thank you. :)

I have considered it might not be cleanable. It's not in the electrics, because it still works.
I'd rather not buy a new one, but if it comes to it, I'll have to.

It looks somewhat like the keyboard in the video. And I think it would be the best way to do it.

If it's not membranes, and is levers and springs, could I take the keys off to clean it?

What sort can you take the keys off of?

Normally, yes, you can remove the key caps but you must be very careful. A keycap removal tool can be helpful as it ensures even pressure from both sides.

If me, I would probably just hose it off in the shower, drain and shake as much water off it as possible, then blast a desk fan at it for a couple days. You must avoid connecting it to your computer when there might still be moisture inside.

That said, ask around. Old keyboards and mice on things that tend to get stashed in closets. Someone near likely has a spare you can use. Or check out second hand stores. They surely have some for a couple quid.

Back
Top Bottom