Windows 8 How do you clean install Windows 8.1 64bit when currently running Windows 8.1 32bit

Jackie11

Hi there, I am trying to wipe my ssd drive and install Windows 8.1 64bit.

I put the disc in the drive, restart computer, hit F11 at the right time to select boot from dvd drive and then press enter when its says press any key to boot from cd or dvd.

The Windows disc then starts to load, but after about 3-4 minutes, the computer restarts and then goes on to load the Windows that is currently installed.

I thought maybe the disc was corrupt, so I burned the iso I downloaded from DreamSpark to the disc again, this didn't work, I then went out and brought a new black dvd-rw and burned the iso on there but i still get the same problem.

Any ideas?
Many thanks
Jackie

It seems you're doing it correctly. Have you tried re-downloading the ISO from DreamSpark? Maybe the first download was corrupted somehow.

Ok I now have a Windows 8.1 64 bit restore/install disc, my my computer either turns off or restarts after about 3 or 4 minutes of loading the disc after selected boot from disc. Is my pc overheating or something?

Back