Windows 7 How many of you are want to beta test Windows 8?

I did that with some many of my Vista/XP computers, not thinking that eventually I would have to buy licences for every single one them.. Didn't backup my programs prior to upgrading either. Don't make that mistake! :shame:

I'll be backing up :) I normally end up being a invited beta tester and have done this since the windows 2000 beta. Has worked out well so far :)

Like I said I will wait until RC 1 is out then I will create a partition to run it on. I did this for W7 and actually ended up using the RC version on a daily basis in stead of my Vista

Like I said I will wait until RC 1 is out then I will create a partition to run it on. I did this for W7 and actually ended up using the RC version on a daily basis in stead of my Vista

It's better safe than sorry, though I honestly think it would be alright to run the beta, when Microsoft releases it to a public basis, they've obviously made their best attempts to ensure the product is as stable as possible - otherwise they'd have millions of upset end-users who ignored the warnings. *Vista beta builds not included*

I normally just get invited as I signed up to various beta's using Microsofts connect site. If and when the beta appears it maybe available there.

I wish they had publicly available betas for programs and services I actually use regularly :( Last thing I participated in on Connect was probably the MSE alpha. I really am expecting a beta announcement at BUILD though, which will probably be released only for participants/TechNet/MSDN folks first, but obviously at that point it will be publicly leaked anyway.

Back