Windows 7 How on earth do you delete system files made by Vista?

TaZeR

Hey I had a dual boot of vista on another parition that i didnt need anymore so i eraced it but I cant seem to erace about 2 gigs worth of stuff in the windows folder including the folder and program files folder no matter what I try it wont give me permission to do it, ive tried some stuff it says on google to enter in the cmd prompt and still everything is acces denied.

Does someone have a sure way to get rid of these pesky files please help me out its so annoying I want control of my system not it having control over me!!!

Boot a Windows XP, Vista, or 7 disk, and act like you're installing windows on that partition, then instead after formatting the drive, just hit the reset button on your tower.

If it was simple as formatting it I would but its my partition mostly filled with important video and music files I need, theres gotta be a way to somehow delete it from within Windows 7 I mean what kind of an operating system is it that doesnt let you delete what you want if this is the way it is im boycotting any OS that does this, I am the master of my computer and no OS will tell me what I can and cannot delete of course as a fail safe its ok but if there is no way to hit some kind of master switch that gives me permission to do this then screw VISTA and screw WINDOWS 7!!!!

did you make sure to take ownership of the files. Try booting into like ubuntu using the live cd and deleting the files from there.

Well I guess thats what I'll have to do but its just putting me into a rage that I cant do this from Windows 7 or Vista I thought these were supposed to be good OSes but its things like this that put me into a rage its like its trying to run me and tell me what to do instead of the other way around, I want to delete this file it says "no you dont bitch hahaha bow before me" I just wanna FUCKIN KILL IT MAKES ME SOOOO ANGRY!!!!!

both operating systems are designed so that you dont accidentally delete other operating system files as well as files that are in use by the system you are on. It is a good security feature that they have included in both VISTA and Windows 7. To get around it you have to take ownership of the system files.

I did take ownership one of the first things I tried still no matter what it says access denied there left over files from a completely different os install long deleted... , what is the method you use to take ownership?

I finnaly figured it out all u Windows pros didnt know? I was just missing some extra parameters after the command to take ownership like:

takeown /f %1 /r /d y
icacls %1 /grant administrators:F /t

Back