Windows 7 How to add A2DP support to Windows 7

djassa1

Windows 7 came with no A2DP support and MS asked bluetooth hardware manufacturer to add this feature in driver upgrade. All bluetooth hardware on laptop where most of the time we need A2DP are made by Broadcomm (widcomm software), Toshiba or CSR. The last 2 manufacturer seem to have A2DP in Vista which should work in W7 but for Broadcomm nothing around.
I have a Motorola S9 that I wanted to connect to Dell d410 laptop with no success. This old dell laptop comes with a BT 355 internal blutooth adapter and refused to connect to my headset. After looking around for a few time a figured out how to enable A2DP in Windows 7.

First download this driver from Anycomm a German headset company:

FTP drivers.anycom.com/beta/usb200-250-500-550/anycom-blue-usb-200-250-500-550-v6-2-0-8500-vista.exe

This file is no longer available from any known source. Special thanks to someone for reporting this problem. FTP links are now often also considered insecure. Use SFTP or other known secure methods for transferring files in this manner. - Updated by forum administrator 8/26/2013

uninstall all your Bluetooth devices in device manger and ask to delete software also.

Install the downloaded software natively (no compatibiliy mode needed)

scan now for hardware changes in device manager...it should install all devices including an audio handsfree driver.

Scan for your bluetooth audio and connect.

Go to you audio output devices and select the headset as an output.

Enjoy now stereo bluetooth music and movies!

Last edited by a moderator:
i cant access that website, do you have the file package you can send via email? or host it at some other site?

I have a DELL E1705 that came with Vista - the buit-in Bluetooth Dell Truemobile 355 Bluetooth + EDR
I also have Jabra BT8010 stereo headphones .

With Vista it was a kludge to get the stereo audio to work - it was hit & miss. Driver wise nothing has changed

I tried all the suggestions in the previous posts - I got the A2DP protocol to connect but then the headphones would lose the connection. SO I deleted the drivers and went back to the default.

I havent tried the XP Compatabilty driver thing - I just installed Win7 3 days ago and I'm still feeling around. IMHO this is more of a bad driver from Dell for thier POS Bluetooth device than anything else. So far I really like Win7

FYI - Bluetooth problem solved.

After 2 weeks, I got the bluetooth stack installed in WINDOWS 7. For about $15, I bought a Cirago Bluetooth USB adapter, (BTA-3210 V2.1)

It came with a disk that had the bluetooth stack software, (Toshiba software)

I had found this bluetooth stack software on the internet, directly from Toshiba, but was reluctant installing it. It would have been valid for only thirty days.

I'm now completely interfaced with my Motorola DC800 Tx/Rx device.

I now have the house radiated with Bluetooth!

I'm happy. (I never give up)

How to add A2DP support to Windows 7

Hello i have a Sony Vaio Laptop Z series model 2009 but i couldnt find a driver to run the A2DP. Also my idea is to transfer files with it to iPod DOCK Station called
Indigo

Can someone help ?

I am so grateful that this drive solved my problem. Now, I not only got better bluetooth support, I was able to listen to stereo through stereo bt headset under windows 7 using truemobile 355 module in my latitude XT.

if the host of the driver above is not available anymore, drop me a note and I will host it.

How to start the service?

Hi!

Everything went fine, but how do I actually start the service? The Control Panel - Services page says Bluetooth is up, but there is no icon. How do I pair etc.?

djassa1: thank you thank you thank you!

Since I upgraded my HP 2140 Notebook to Win7, about A YEAR ago, I wasn´t being able to use my Motorola S9-HD any longer with it.

Now, I can! You've just save me a couple hundred bucks and brought back the word entertainment when speaking about laptop usage within the office...god bless you :fdance:

On the other side: NOT ACCEPTABLE THE NEITHER MICROSOFT NOR MOTOROLA FORUMS WHERE ABLE TO GIVE THIS PROPER SOLUTIONS TO THE BT USERS. LAME CUSTOMER SERVICE THEY HAVE, SHAME ON BOTH.

I fixed it on my Dell Latitude by:
-Going to devices>click on the bluetooth device you try to install and click on "connect".
- Manually installing the latest bluetooth driver for the wireless module ( my laptop has a 375 Bluetooth module). It will NOT update the driver if you just click on "update driver" from the device manager (latest one was published on 11/10/2010) . Beware the file I downloaded did not extract correctly and I had to call Dell tech support, they put it up in an ftp site for me:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Took me 5 days to find out... good luck...never give up

I tried to post here before and could not. So I'm trying again. I have a Dell Inspiron 1318 laptop, and supposedly I have the latest Bluetooth Driver for my laptop which is the 355 Bluetooth module which supports 2.0 and EDR. When I did a search for latest bluetooth modules for mine it comes up with only what I have. How did you find the published date for your driver? I have an LG headset that supports A2DP and works on my iPod but not on my laptop.

I fixed it on my Dell Latitude by:
-Going to devices>click on the bluetooth device you try to install and click on "connect".
- Manually installing the latest bluetooth driver for the wireless module ( my laptop has a 375 Bluetooth module). It will NOT update the driver if you just click on "update driver" from the device manager (latest one was published on 11/10/2010) . Beware the file I downloaded did not extract correctly and I had to call Dell tech support, they put it up in an ftp site for me:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Took me 5 days to find out... good luck...never give up

YOU G-D DAMN SON OF A B****!!!:mad: WHY THE HELL WERE YOU SOOOOOOO F***IN HARD TO FIND!?:confused:
For over six months now my $40 bluetooth head phones where collecting dust.:cry_smile: After about 9 hours of searching (I'm not exaggeratingand) I FINALLY found you.:D The saveure of mankind:angel_smile: from curtain suicide. I was actually gonna give up if your solution did not pan out and crack my headphones in half (not portable enough to be anything other then a desktop head set).:( Anyway this solution is confirmed to work on the Dell XPS 630i which uses the Dell Wireless 355C Bluetooth adapter. Once again THANK YOU!

Last edited:
Back