Windows 7 How to Add someone to my Wii Router

Wilhelm

I have a WiFi Router and I am able to get my laptop into it. Best Buy set it up. How can I get the proper ID to get my son's laptop on to my router. It is secured and I don't have a clue what to give him to get on?

Not sure this is the place to list this. Thanks

Last edited:
Not sure, but you could start by checking any documentation that whoever set it up might have left regarding the security / passphrase. It may also have been left at default and perhaps that may be present on the bottom of the router itself.
Failing this, just use your router's browser interface and look for something under the Wireless Settings, referencing Wireless Security and you should either be able to see it or if you wish, alter it to something you prefer.
Regards
Randy

I do not know what a Wii router is, but I assume you mean a WiFi router. That can be used by anyone who has a WiFi card in the system (which laptops always have). Just go to "Connect To" on the start menu. Then you need the password for the router (usually a WPA2 or WEP password).

If you do not know the password, type 192.168.1.1 into the IE address field and hit enter. That brings your router up. If the defaults are still in place, the user name is "Admin" and the password is "Password". That should open your router info where you can find the password.

Not sure, but you could start by checking any documentation that whoever set it up might have left regarding the security / passphrase. It may also have been left at default and perhaps that may be present on the bottom of the router itself.
Failing this, just use your router's browser interface and look for something under the Wireless Settings, referencing Wireless Security and you should either be able to see it or if you wish, alter it to something you prefer.
Regards
Randy

Thanks Randy, I found the information now all I have to do is give it a try.

I do not know what a Wii router is, but I assume you mean a WiFi router. That can be used by anyone who has a WiFi card in the system (which laptops always have). Just go to "Connect To" on the start menu. Then you need the password for the router (usually a WPA2 or WEP password).

If you do not know the password, type 192.168.1.1 into the IE address field and hit enter. That brings your router up. If the defaults are still in place, the user name is "Admin" and the password is "Password". That should open your router info where you can find the password.

Thanks whs, that information also rang a bell.

You are welcome. Hope it works. Note that the last 1.1 may be different if you have a rare router.

Back