How to change window?

don cole

How do I get rid of

Today(3)________________ Yesterday(15)_________________

I just want see all icons in the folder in alphabetical order.

Any help appreciated.

Don Cole

Thank you for your resonse.
Where do I find Group by?
The only menues I see are Organize, Open, Include in library, Share with, Burn and New folder.
Thanks in advance,
Don Cole

Sorry I didn't explain better.
In explorer if you cannot see the conventional menu bar, simply strike the Alt key on your keyboard and the menu bar will show up. Under the View menu you should see Group by, with a fly out arrow, you should be able to select (none) there.
Failing that you should be able to right click any blank area inside any explorer window and find the same group by item with a fly out from which you should be able to select "none"
Hope this helps
Randy

Thank you again,
Pressing Alt in window the does make the menu I want appear.
Is there a way I can make
File. Edit, View, Tools, Help
The default menu without having to press Alt every window?
Don Cole

Thank you again,
Pressing Alt in window the does make the menu I want appear.
Is there a way I can make
File. Edit, View, Tools, Help
The default menu without having to press Alt every window?
Don Cole
Sure.
Open explorer and again strike the Alt key to produce the menu.
Then select Tools->Folder Options
Select the view tab from the subsequent dialog box and then
Check the box that says "Always show menus"
Regards
Randy

Also, Rt Clk the GEAR & select the bars you want or not.

Drew

What gear? Where in Windows Explorer do I find such a gear?
I thought we had been discussing Windows Explorer, not Internet Explorer? Now I am confused. But no big surprise there.

Ooops, sorry, I read, too fast. I was talking about the GEAR icon, top-right of IE9.

Seemed to me the query ("File. Edit, View, Tools, Help
The default menu without having to press Alt every window?") pertained to a browser issue.

Not sure which of us is confused, now.

Drew

I'm taking about the Winows 7 window.

I.E. has nothing to do with it.

I want to see "File. Edit, View, Tools, Help" meenu everytime I open a window.

Don Cole

Ok, Don, here's the basis of my confusion... not sure about yours...

I've been @ the IT business for a considerable length of time but, I switched from my Win8 machine to my Win7 machine just, to see if I'd lost my mind or something and to be sure I was looking @ Win7 rather than, any 'differences' (from it) in Windows8.

Strangely enough, I am, now, in Windows7 & looking @ exactly what I and my memory have always known

These items you mention, "File. Edit, View, Tools, Help" are found in browser windows not, Windows Explorer windows. "everytime"? you will not see them in a Windows Explorer window anytime.

You may say IE, or any other browser has nothing to do w/ it but, that's where thise items are found, in browser windows & not just IE.

"the Windows7 window"; what or which Windows7 window? Please explain what you mean by that.

Cheers,
Drew

Sure.
Open explorer and again strike the Alt key to produce the menu.
Then select Tools->Folder Options
Select the view tab from the subsequent dialog box and then
Check the box that says "Always show menus"
Regards
Randy

Thank you Randy that's what I was looking for.

Don Cole

My apologies. Sorry, I have never, ever used (or needed) that in Windows Explorer. Thanks, Randy. Silly, all these years not to have even realised or noticed it was or could be there; or maybe, never caring about it, I plum forgot, who knows how to explain it but, anyway, thanks, again, Randy.

Cheers,
Drew

Last edited:
Hello,
I have another Windows question.
When moving Windows around on my desktop, if I get too close to the screen edge, the Window flashes blue and then turns full screen.
How can I stop this action?
Don Cole

Don, I can duplicate what you are getting except, for the blue flash part. If a window is pushed to the edge, one can seethe outline of it going full screen or, @ least wanting to or about to... and if, one clicks to release it, @ the point, yes, it will go full screen... just pull it away from the edge a tad, 1st & it will stay whatever size you have, then, let go of it. Not a rocket science solution but, it works.

Cheers,
Drew

Back