Windows 7 how to dual boot 2 windows 7's

phantom92

ok so i hope this is the right forun or thread.. but i have a problem.. i have my lap top wich had two windows 7 installed. i did it... one on drive C: and other on drive D: ... now i erased the one on drive C: while on the other windows 7. on drive D:.... and i made it active then i restarted and it says no OS installed. so i reinstall win 7 on drive C:.. but now i cant dual boot ..
ive tried to repair with dvd dont work...
tried BCD dont work
tried partition magic to make win 7 from drive D: promary and boot but it dont work...
i could now only go into the new installed win 7 and not the one on drive D:...........
the only way i know how to get both win 7 to dualboot again is to install win7 from the other one running... not boting with the disc... i know the other OS is ther because when i run the win 7 disc and select repair it scans for OSES installed and it shows 2...but i dont want to lose everything from the win 7 i have on drive D:... i need help to dual boot again..
i want to try some thing but not sure if it will work.. on partition magic i can WIPE PARTITION and i want to wipe drive C: the one i currently use... a warning message poops out saying WIPING DISK/PARTITION MAY CAUSE COMPUTER TO BE UNBOOTABLE.. THEN IT SAYS .. WIPING PARTITION WILL REMOVE EVERY SECTOR OF DATA ON THE DISK, DATA ONCE WIPED CANNOT BE RECOVERED BY ANY RECOVERY SOLUTIONS...
what do i dooooo.. please help!!!!!!! i need the ither win 7 soon.. i have important documents there...

Boot to the Install DVD or Repair CD. Go the the repair area and command prompt.

Type the following followed by enter and wait for it to finish.

bootrec /rebuildbcd

If it asks if you want to add the other OS to the bcd, answer yes. You should then be able to reboot and have both OSes in the boot menu.

Attaching a snipping tool picture of your Disk Management window might also help, since you may have your system set up in a non-standard way.

If you want more info, check this Microsoft site.

Back
Top Bottom