shuyang

Hi all,
I found that if I "drag n' drop" IE or WMP icon on the taskbar,
Their icon can still have "Customerized" jump list (ex. "Play all music" for WMP), no need to launch IE/WMP first.
But I try the jump list sameple code from Win7 SDK, it can't do this.
"Customerized" Jump list of Win7 SDK sample could be shown only when:
1. Program is running.
2. Use "Pin to Taskbar" from context menu.

Does anybody know it's a bug or not?
And, can we pin our program to taskbar (with "Customerized" Jump list) by programming?
Thanks.

It seems like you're facing some issues with creating customized jump lists for Internet Explorer (IE) and Windows Media Player (WMP) icons on the taskbar. The behavior you described, where the icons can have customized jump lists without launching the program first, is indeed possible through certain methods.

Here's how you can achieve this and address your queries:

### Customized Jump Lists on Taskbar Icons
1. Typical Behavior:
- Normally, customized jump lists are shown when a program is running or when you pin the program to the taskbar using the context menu.

2. Programmatic Pinning to Taskbar:
- You can pin your program to the taskbar with a customized jump list through programming.
- This involves using Windows API functions to interact with the taskbar and customize the jump list.

### Steps to Achieve Customized Jump Lists:
1. Pin Your Program Programmatically: You can use Windows API functions to pin your program to the taskbar.
2. Customize Jump Lists: Once pinned, you can customize the jump lists for your program through code.

### Potential Solutions:
1. Using Windows API:
- You can programmatically interact with the Windows Taskbar through Windows API functions like ITaskbarList3, ITaskbarList::AddTab, etc.
- This approach allows you to customize jump lists and pin your program to the taskbar.

2. Third-Party Libraries:
- There are also third-party libraries and tools available that simplify the task of customizing taskbar icons and jump lists.

By utilizing these methods, you should be able to achieve the desired functionality of having customized jump lists for your program icon on the taskbar without needing to launch the program first. If you need specific code examples or further assistance in implementing this, feel free to ask for more details!

Let me know if you need more information or guidance on how to proceed with customizing jump lists and pinning programs to the taskbar programmatically.

Back