Windows 10 how to Encrypt Files or Folders on Clients!

Nurul

Encrypting folders and files is a way to protect them from unwanted access. Encrypting File System (EFS) is a feature of Windows that allows you to store information on your hard disk in an encrypted format. Other forms solutions for encryption are available that can provide the same level of protection to a file or folder. Encryption is the strongest protection that Windows provides to help to keep your information secure. So I need your help with my below question:

If some one copy some of the document or file from my computer and try to open it to another computer is there a way it will require a password to able to open that file. Can I change some component to my windows 10 computer which will privet such a third party action?

Kindly,

Nurul

In domain joined systems Windows Rights Management could be used to restrict access to your files regardless of what computer they are on. In non-domain joined systems no you wouldn't be able to do that without having some kind of software on both systems that would be able to distinguish between the systems and which system/user owns them. The best you're likely to get is to keep the files in an encrypted password protected zip. The zip file is self encrypted and password protected and that would follow the files.

Back