Windows 7 How to enlarge a detail window

vinoman

I have just set up a new HP laptop for a friend. In the last couple days I noticed that when right-clicking to see the detail menu, it's very small, smaller than normal. How do I enlarge that menu?

Is the font too small, or the entire menu? Could you take a snipping tool picture and attach using the paperclip on the Advanced Reply page?

Is the font too small, or the entire menu? Could you take a snipping tool picture and attach using the paperclip on the Advanced Reply page?

It's a neighbors. It's the entire menu and the text inside it are all smaller than normal. Never seen this before. She can read it but I think a couple days ago it was normal so she accidentally changed something.

Not being able to see it, I would ask her if she had uninstalled any of the fonts. Does other text on the system look normal?

If not that, perhaps a change was made to one of the display settings. Right click the Desktop then go to Personalize, then Display in lower left. Perhaps changing that setting, or adjusting the "Set custom text size (DPI)" might help.

Edit: There is one more place, right click desktop and select Personalize. Then "Window Color" on the bottom middle. The "Advanced appearance settings..." may allow you to change the font in a specific type of dialog window.

Last edited:
Back