Windows XP How to Force Windows XP to Scan for driver update/install

xchiazyx

Hi All,

Good Day.

I have a windows xp pc in factory for machine use, some issue and I formatted and I need CNC controller card driver to be install. I had tried update it from device manager and it couldn't find any driver, I also try to add Hardware wizard also didn't work, can't remember what I did in the past to force windows xp to search for the driver and install. It's a CNC controller card from weihong ncstudio install externally.

The pc itself is from china, from their website can't find any of the driver for CNC controller card and google search. I install windows service pack 3 and did windows update and it didn't do any driver search. Tried force update from cmd also not moving. Appreciate if anyone have this knowledge can assist me on.

Thanks!

Zhi Yu

Normally you would be able to tell it to search Windows update; however, Windows update is no longer setup for XP since it has been EOL for 2 years. Your only option is to locate the driver manually on the internet.

Hi Sir,

Thank you for reverting back.

Months ago I have formatted it before and I did something and it manage to install almost all driver, can't remember now =(, I have also try to update from command prompt and it does not work.

Only manage to find one web with the driver but getting transerror:54004., having email the manufacturer and the vendor we contacting but no reply. They are small company and sell the CNC controller card to vendor only.

Thanks!

Back