Windows 7 How to get into cmd

Tristan

Hey Guys,
I was wondering if anyone knew how you could get to the command prompt, when the computer is shutting down, so that you could abort the shutdown. I know how to abort the shutdown once I am into the cmd, but I want to know how to get into the command prompt.
Thanks!

Quickest way to access it is to goto programs, accessories, command prompt, right click and send a shortcut to it to the desktop and run it from there. Might help to set the properties of the shortcut to run as administrator.

Have you tried making a shortcut to the Command Prompt with the command to abort shutdown already in the shortcut?
Desktop -> Right Click -> New -> Shortcut -> location of the item: "cmd /k shutdown /a" (without the quotes) -> Next -> type a name -> Finish.
I assume you will be using the shutdown /a command, but feel free to replace it with whatever you prefer.
Hope it helps!

Quickest way to access it is to goto programs, accessories, command prompt, right click and send a shortcut to it to the desktop and run it from there. Might help to set the properties of the shortcut to run as administrator.

Quicker way: Press the "Windows Key + R" at the same time. This will bring up the "Run" dialog. Type cmd and press enter.

You could use the three links I have created in the attached zip file and edit them to create your own options for the shutdown command:

Attachments

• shutdown.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 159
Back
Top Bottom