Windows 7 How to get laptop to come out of sleep when opening lid on Battery power

RIPSNORT

When I open the Lid on this Toshiba L675-OOX Laptop, everything pops up out of sleep the way it should.
When I run it on Battery power, I can lift the Lid but it will not come out of Sleep. If I move the mouse, it does.
Can someone point out to me how to fix this so that when I lift the Lid on Battery Power, it will automatically come out of Sleep. Thanks in advance.

(Windows 7 Home Premium)

There are different settings for powered or on battery power. Have you check those to see if you have such an option?

I have been through the power options, and though there are that which one can do when closing the Lid, there is nothing that I can find as Options as to Opening the Lid.
Again, when I Open while Plugged in, the machine comes immediately out of sleep. On Battery power, this does not happen till I move the mouse. Further advice - please let it come. I'm listening, or is that watching.

The machine is working as intended. It is saving your battery until it actually needs to be used to a fuller extent, such as when you move the mouse...

Not something I'd put any further thought to, especially since it is so easy to move the mouse or pressing any key, directly after opening lid.

Last edited:
I have been through the power options, and though there are that which one can do when closing the Lid, there is nothing that I can find as Options as to Opening the Lid.
Again, when I Open while Plugged in, the machine comes immediately out of sleep. On Battery power, this does not happen till I move the mouse. Further advice - please let it come. I'm listening, or is that watching.

Yes, I don't doubt it is working as intended. But, there are options that can be changed. Are you suggesting this particular one cannot?

Suggesting, no.

Is it likely true, dealing only with native Windows? Probably, yes.

Or the power management software/drivers from your manufacturer could have some setting that affects it.

Well, you very well could be correct. The fact that there is no option when it comes to *opening the lid* points in that direction. I find that very strange though, just the same. Thanks for your input. Much appreciated.

You're welcome. Like I said, I just think it's a little pointless to worry about something like this, since it isn't really an "issue".

But ya, you should download/install the latest power management driver package from your laptop manufacturer and install. For one, it's always great to run the latest drivers and two, perhaps it will give you the option of what you want.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom