How-To Install Snow Leopard in a Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop

Adamsappleone

U.S.Navy D.A.V.
Here are 3 guides to choose from to install Snow Leopard in to a Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop:

#1.
Of course, getting your new Inspiron to run just like mine is going to take a bit of work, including downloading the ususal files from the usual places like a certain bay of thieves or the little green monster, but once you've burned everything to a single layer DVD, you'll be up and running in under an hour! I highly suggest to any "noobs" that you don't attempt to dual boot just yet. Let's start with a full hard drive, no partitions, no "bull." 1] Start by doing some downloading on a working computer that is connected to the Internet. You're going to need a DVD burner, a fast Internet connection, and some Googling skills to find everything you need. Lucky for you, I'm going to provide all the difficult stuff to find — the drivers and hacks that are going to give your laptop the extras you need. First, download "Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.2 Kalyway" (AMD/Intel) installation DVD. It should be around 3 to 4 GB. Next, download the "Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.3 Kalyway Combo Update" which should be around 500 to 600 MB. Go ahead and burn them to separate discs using Disk Utility if you're already on a Mac, or PowerISO if you're on Windows. If you use Windows a lot, PowerISO is one of those few programs I'd actually purchase. It's that good. I suggest burning everything at 8X or slower to ensure it's 100%.

Complete guide @ Link Removed due to 404 Error
Inspiron 1525 is one of the bestseller from Dell Computers. The Dell Inspiron 1525 is an excellent budget notebook with good looks and solid performance. This isn’t a gaming machine, but the 1525 can handle everyday computing tasks with ease. If you are an experimental person like me then obviously you’d like to Install and run OS X on your Inspiron. If you wants to install Mac OS X on your Dell Inspiron 1525 here is the handy guide to do so. In the following tutorial we used iPC 10.5.6, you can download iPC from Bay of Pirates or Green Demon.

Complete guide: How to Install Mac OS X on Dell Inspiron 1525, 1515 | OSX86 Guides
Make sure you have your copy of Snow Leopard (I would highly suggest purchasing it, it's a great price for what it offers!)Download BootSL.iso and burn it to a CD.Put the burned boot cd into your cd-drive and on startup at the "DELL" splash screen press "F12″ now you will be at the boot selection menu, from here wait till your activity light on your cd-drive stops blinking and boot from the disk.
Eject the boot-132 disk and replace it with your Snow Leopard Disk and again, wait till the activity light stops blinking. Once it's stopped press "F5″ and the Install Disk will appear. Boot the disk with the boot flags "-v -x" you do this by simply typing -v -x. If you see it at the bottom left corner then you did it right, just hit enter. The disk will take about 5-10 min to load.
Complete guide @ Link Removed - Invalid URL

Back