Windows 7 How to make a program minimize to the right?

yurako

Hey Guys,

How can I define in Win 7 that when the X (close) button or the _ (minimize) is pressed, the program minimizes to the right? ( where the additional icons are)

For example, my msn messenger, I dont want it in the main taskbar where all the programs. I want it to minimize to the right with the additional icons - together wit the volume control, network sttus etc...

Thanks,
Yura

Hey Guys,

How can I define in Win 7 that when the X (close) button or the _ (minimize) is pressed, the program minimizes to the right? ( where the additional icons are)

For example, my msn messenger, I dont want it in the main taskbar where all the programs. I want it to minimize to the right with the additional icons - together wit the volume control, network sttus etc...

Thanks,
Yura

There is a triangle near your speaker icon.. that's where hidden incons go... IF and only if they software has been progrmmed to use hidden icons. Lie messenger mininmize to that menu.... AND you and click and open the menu and drag and drop it to the task bar and it will be where you want it.

If you Live Messenger is minimizing to the main taskbar, you are running the old version or you are running messenger in vista compatibility mode.

Mine's the same even though its running fully under Windows 7 (no compatibility modes) and is the latest version

Not so much of an annoyance, just used to it being on the right

Mine's the same even though its running fully under Windows 7 (no compatibility modes) and is the latest version
Not so much of an annoyance, just used to it being on the right

It should minimize the the hidden menu... then just drag it out and drop it on the taskbar like you want it.

I am running Build Version 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.726)

I checked the .exe file and it is NOT in compatibility mode.

However, it is still minimizing to the main taskbar and not to the triangle...

Last edited:
I am running Build Version 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.726)

I checked the .exe file and it is NOT in compatibility mode.

However, it is still minimizing to the main taskbar and not to the triangle...

Well now mine isnt' minimizing to the hidden icon location either. I wonder how that happened?

I see your problem. I had assumed it was business as usual until I just checked. Also I don't find the compatibility option under preferences anymore. I don't know what I did, unless an update decided to reconfigure messenger??

Guys?

Any suggestions?

Why doesnt my messenger minimize to the triangle on the right...?:confused:

Something is broken and I can't figure it out. I can't find anyone else talking about this problem either. Very strange.

Back
Top Bottom