Windows 7 How to make updated ISO

serhatyonder

Hi!

Windows 7 installs million updates after format. How can I put these updates inside on my Windows 7 ISO file?

Some people told that you can download manually the updates and copy them to Updates folder which is inside on ISO file. But I can not understand which updates exactly should I copy inside ISO. For example: If I put SP1 inside on ISO, should I also add the other updates which are published before SP1? I mean SP1 includes all updates before itself?

I realised that after formatting-clean installation of Windows 7, first some updates are installing, after that SP1 is installing and after SP1 ome other updates are installing?

So how can I find these update list or something...

Thanks in advance...

Hello serhatyonder,
2a99y0o.jpg
to Windows 7 Forums,

Slipstreaming SP1 in to a Windows 7 ISO is not a bad idea, I've done a few myself with SP2 & 3 in Windows XP Pro, however, slipstreaming updates in to an ISO IMHO is not such a good idea, especially with Windows 7, due to the fact that is only a few years old and continued support through 2024, I believe, you will be facing undoubtedly another SP and many, many more updates, so, you would be continuously updating the ISO and I honestly think, you do not want to go through that.

The best thing for you to do is to make a separate DVD for SP1, then when the next one rolls out, make one for that.
This way anytime you re-install Windows 7, once rebooted and running fine, install the service packs right away, this will cut down on the overwhelming update attack.

Hope this helps

Don

I don't know how to add the Updates to a .iso file, but I suspect you would have to get into making a WAIK.

Since you can download an SP1 version of the Windows 7 install DVD, I don't really see a reason to just do that.

I've use the RT7 Lite Link Removed - Invalid URL and the Digital River sp1 ISO download as the source and the hotfixes from here Link Removed - Not Found I've tested the results on a virtual machine and it seems OK.
Joe

Theoretically, you can update your ISO in a DVD-RW, that accepts rewriting. But I wouldn't suggest it. I'd rather use the original ISO, and then take the time and pain of updating. A bit of labor, but you're certain to have the original intact.

Why not just partition your hard drive (if you haven't already) and when you have everything just right, make a disc image. I use Acronis (for 32bit) and Paragon (for 64bit). This way you can 1. turn off system restore (which never seems to work when you need it anyway) and recover some hard drive space and 2. have a back-up with all your software and updates already installed. Also, you can make periodic disc image updates, which just backup changes since the last one so the images will be a lot smaller than the first. If your feeling truly ambitious you can reformat, install just your OS and make an image free of all your drivers and everything. This way if you buy a new motherboard, or just want a fresh start, you can save all that time not having to reinstall your OS. Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom