Windows 7 How to open ports?

OddJoe

I am needing to open ports on my computer so I can host teamspeak and things like that. I have turned the firewall off, and it still does not work. It will not let me open the ports in my router, becouse it says they are allready in use. I have a netgear router with 4 other computer connected to it. Am need to open ports for games, but block outgoing ports as well. I have made rules for the program (teamspeak) to allow all incomming and outgoing, but still doesnt work. How can I open my ports? Any help would be great.

Have you looked at the router to confirm that the ports are already open and to see if they are being used?

The tutorial says TS3 is not compatible with TS2, which you probably already know.

Which netgear router are you using?

Since I do not run TeamSpeak, could you describe exactly what is not working or any messages you might be getting when you try to use it?

Do you know your setup is working correctly prior to attempting to use TS?

I got teamspeak working, I had to manually open inbound and out bound rules on top of the default firewall rules and open the ports on the router from another computer. Now I just need to get ports open for Battlefield 2 server. I have made inbound and outgoing rules in the firewall and everything, but its still not working. I tested the server useing hamachi and it works perfect. So I know its not the server, its the firewall and ports. How do I fix this?

Router: Netgear WGR-614 v7

Last edited:
Back