Windows 7 How to recover the serial?

Zequez

Well, I bought an Acer Aspire One that came with W7, but I don't have the serial. I have the system authenticated as original, but if I have to reinstall it I'll not have the serial... So, how can I recover it? :S

Nop, the key is not there xD.

Ok, you said the key is not there, is the COA sticker there?

If it's not on the underside of the laptop, then it should be under the battery, remove the battery and have a look.
Any PC, laptop, notebook/netbook that comes from the factory with Windows pre-installed, must have a COA sticker on it.

With my Toshiba laptop I burned a system image/recovery disc when I fired it up. If I have to reload the puter that should bring it back to the original state out of the box. Would it be incorrect to assume I won't need the serial to do this?

Ok, you said the key is not there, is the COA sticker there?

If it's not on the underside of the laptop, then it should be under the battery, remove the battery and have a look.
Any PC, laptop, notebook/netbook that comes from the factory with Windows pre-installed, must have a COA sticker on it.

The COA sticker is not there xD. But it's original, I installed MSE perfectly...

With my Toshiba laptop I burned a system image/recovery disc when I fired it up. If I have to reload the puter that should bring it back to the original state out of the box. Would it be incorrect to assume I won't need the serial to do this?

Yes your correct as long as it was activated before the image was made.

Back