Windows 10 how to recover Windows 10 from hard reset

WarDogge

Recently I had to reset my computer which I upgraded to windows 10, it reverted it back to windows 8.1 (the original windows) is there someway to recover it?

Recently I had to reset my computer which I upgraded to windows 10, it reverted it back to windows 8.1 (the original windows) is there someway to recover it?
You can download the upgrade again by using windows media creation tool: Download Windows 10
However:
If you use the media creation tool to create an iso which then can be burnt to either disk or USB you can perform a clean install instead of an upgrade. You shouldn't need to install an activation key and just click i don't have one.
This page should help further:
Windows 10 Media Creation Tool: Create Installation Media

Of course u can. but have u ever backup your win10 system? If not, u cannot recovery your original WIN10, and u have to download the new one.
and here, I'd like to introduce one backup software: EaseUS Todo Backup software, one of the best backup software. and u can google it and find the official website. remember to backup the system.

good luck

I do believe that if you want to recover data from Windows 10, then keep in mind that your should not accidentally override the memory space of the deleted data from any other data or application. I would suggest use of any good Windows Data Recovery Software. One of my friend had suggest me Unistal Windows Data Recovery Software which worked pretty well for me.

Depending upon the choices you made if you went backwards from W10 to W8.1, specifically, if you chose to format your hard drive, most of the programs and data you had in your W10 may now be gone.:waah: And if you've chosen the same option and used W8.1 factory Recovery Media to reinstall your W8.1; same thing. Your data is now most likely gone.:headache: You can take your computer to a local Computer Pro and attempt data recovery, but it's unlikely to work now that you've formatted your hard drive twice! It still may be worth a try, but I would consider sending it out to Professional Data Recovery and spend the money now, as fooling around with various Data Recovery softwares to fix your mistake of not backing up your data in W10 is going to turn out very bad for you in most cases. :blue: Cost is typically going to be $550 and up. If you decide to do this, and if the stuff you lost is worth it financially,:greedy_dollars: take a look here at this link to contact the best 2 companies to do this: Forced Windows 10 update damaged my attached external USB hard drive

This is one sacrifice you would need to make; the financial one. The other one, is that you would need to pull that Hard Drive with W8.1 out of your current computer, and STOP USING IT IMMEDIATELY!! The longer you continue using it, the less chance you have of recovering anything from it! You need to purchase another 2nd Hard Drive and install your W8.1 or W10 whatever you want on that, reinstall your programs from source media or download sites, and begin using that new drive for your computer while you decide if you want to spend the money to recover anything from that original hard drive that you had the OS change on. If you do, you should know if you send it our for Professional Data Recovery as I suggest, you are looking at from 4-8 weeks or longer to get it back. Yet another reason to buy a new hard drive since you cannot and should not be using it in your computer now any further!:ohno:

I think we have brow-beaten you enough about the importance of data backup now!

Let us know how you get on or if you have any more questions.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>> :cool:

Back