Windows 10 How to reduce a video in Nero 2018

NettleWarbler

Honorable Member
Hello all , could someone please help me with this . It happens in Nero 2018 Platinum . When I try to burn A Blu-ray or Dvd disc , some times i get a message saying Reduce the encoding quality of your project automatically , i click yes and the project shortens so i can burn the video . Other times i don't get this option so it means i cannot burn the file , when i click the yellow question mark i get a message with about 4 options on it . Can someone please see if there is anyway i can use the videos , burn them i meen Nero is quite a popular burning tool i was hoping someone could solve the problem for me . All tips are welcome . Thank you .

Attachments

• This is what you get when you click the yellow question mark.JPG
    This is what you get when you click the yellow question mark.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 274
  • Won't Shorten.JPG
    Won't Shorten.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 275
It would compress the video more so itd fit on the disc. In edit there should be video encode options

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

I'v just fired Nero up and loaded A Video , when I click on the edit button this is what I get

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 250
  • When Edit clicked.JPG
    When Edit clicked.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 247
I was hoping there would be encode settings in edit. I don't suppose there are any options when you right click the video?

In options I get Disable in Smart Encoding I cant take a snip it closes the Disable button . I could try Disabling it .

Attachments

• When Options is clicked.JPG
    When Options is clicked.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 226
Maybe I just needed the box ticked , I will find out about his time tomorrow .

Attachments

• Was Unticked.JPG
    Was Unticked.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 210
  • I get this message when i tickl the box.JPG
    I get this message when i tickl the box.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 223
I tried to burn a Blu-ray dvd with the Smart Encoding Disabled , I got the message Reduce the encoding quality of your project automatically . I clicked yes and it shortened the video so I could burn it . It was the same video I tried and failed to burn before , maybe it just wanted Disabling . Now hopefully the video will have burnt ok .

Attachments

• With Disable Ticked.JPG
    With Disable Ticked.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 213
nmsuk , I'v burnt 4 Blu-ray Dvds with Disable enabled I got the Smart Encoding Automatic ( Do you want to reduce the video to fit on the disk . Sort of . I clicked yes and all 4 burnt , i'v watched one and that was alright . The only difference seems to the final size of the Dvd it was 14GB there abouts when sometimes before it was 21GB . Better than nowt .

Back