Windows 7 How to uninstall Win7

sgee

I tried to do a clean install from Win7 Pro disk onto new SSD Plus which was connected internally to my main PC. There were boot issues (long story), so I decided to physically remove the SSD. I want to uninstall win7 from that new SSD. Nothing else was loaded onto it.

My question is: Can I connect this new sandisk SSD Plus to an old laptop running Vista to somehow wipe that copy off? The laptop is no longer used at all. I just want the SSD clean so I can install it into another PC some day. Thanks

Yes, just connect it and format the SSD. You can also format the SSD with the Windows 7 install media. Just choose the advanced install option and delete the partitions.

You can also use diskmgmt.msc to access Windows Disk Management utility console and do the same thing. This should work most of the time, but depending on what you did and what other Windows versions you had on that SSD drive, such as W8x or W10, removing partitions table or reformatting the individual partitions may not be enough. You might consider using Linux tools such as GPartEd or DBAN to wipe the SSD drive if you find the other methods we suggested do not allow you to install a new or different version of Windows, such as XP or Vista onto that SSD drive in another computer. Both of those utilities are available on the UBCD LiveCD you can download from UBCD.com.
:nerdie:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

You can also use diskmgmt.msc to access Windows Disk Management utility console and do the same thing. This should work most of the time, but depending on what you did and what other Windows versions you had on that SSD drive, such as W8x or W10, removing partitions table or reformatting the individual partitions may not be enough. You might consider using Linux tools such as GPartEd or DBAN to wipe the SSD drive if you find the other methods we suggested do not allow you to install a new or different version of Windows, such as XP or Vista onto that SSD drive in another computer. Both of those utilities are available on the UBCD LiveCD you can download from UBCD.com.
:nerdie:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>
Thank you Bigbear and Happy New Year
I read your post to Doula, July 2016 re disk clone and boot selection Win7 drive, so maybe you can help me with this second failed attempt to get my new SSD to boot. After the first botched try, I removed the new SSD, wiped it clean, then got the old drive booted with the install disk and ran the startup repairs and command prompts for bootrec, etc. The start up then showed two lines both said version as "Win7 Pro (recovered)." The pc performed normally for the past week. Today-2nd try! we used EaseUS Todo software, successfully created the clone and placed it in first priority to boot. The clone seemed to be working, but both drives were still installed. When we disconnected the old drive, windows did not boot. So we're back now on old drive again, new one disconnected. No lost data, old system working sorta ok, just frustrated and annoyed. Any suggestions?

Back