Windows 7 How to view .thm files in Explorer

pintree3

A search for "'How to view .thm files in Explorer" shows results that date back to Windows XP which makes me not consider what advice may be given. This search did teach me one thing though and that is that .thm files are not only images files, as i thought they would be. My THMs are all image files that any image viewer will easily show. I also know that apparently it's a jpg file. Anyhow, I do not want to change the extensions to .jpg since it is my Media Monkey Music Player that has named them as such and needs them so. Does anyone know how I can make Explorer (in Windows 7) view such files?
Thank you

As far as I know, thm files are just thumbnails of the actual (image) files.
Along with them, you should also see corresponding files in normal file formats such as avi, mpg, jpg etc.
You don't need to do a thing about it. In fact, many will suggest that you delete them.

As far as I know, thm files are just thumbnails of the actual (image) files.
Along with them, you should also see corresponding files in normal file formats such as avi, mpg, jpg etc.
You don't need to do a thing about it. In fact, many will suggest that you delete them.
Thanks David. They may just be thumbnails nevertheless, I would like to see them. I get them via my media player which gets them from Amazon--album covers--and no, they don't have a correponding jpg next to it and neither would I want to delete them. In the few, though too old, places I found a reply it required changing the registry, which I would not mind doing.

Thanks David. They may just be thumbnails nevertheless, I would like to see them. I get them via my media player which gets them from Amazon--album covers--and no, they don't have a correponding jpg next to it and neither would I want to delete them. In the few, though too old, places I found a reply it required changing the registry, which I would not mind doing.

See if this will work for you.
If it does not, try looking for a THM to JPG converter from the web. I never have or use one. So, I won't make recommendation.

How to Convert a THM to a JPG
1. Open Internet Explorer .
2. Click File > Open
3. Click Browse > navigate to the folder where the file is located.
4. Double-click the file name and click OK or Open. The .THM file will open.
5. Cursor over the image > right-click
6. Select "Save picture as." A pop-up box will open.
7. Click Save as type > select JPG
8. ( optional). Enter a new name for the new jpg.
9. Click "Save."

See if this will work for you.
If it does not, try looking for a THM to JPG converter from the web. I never have or use one. So, I won't make recommendation.

How to Convert a THM to a JPG
1. Open Internet Explorer .
2. Click File > Open
3. Click Browse > navigate to the folder where the file is located.
4. Double-click the file name and click OK or Open. The .THM file will open.
5. Cursor over the image > right-click
6. Select "Save picture as." A pop-up box will open.
7. Click Save as type > select JPG
8. ( optional). Enter a new name for the new jpg.
9. Click "Save."
Hi thanks again-- Remember I did mention that thm files, in this case, are actually jpg files, so there is not need to convert them if that is what one wants to do. All that is needed, is to change the extension from thm to jpg and voila, it's done. But that is not what I want to do. Remember that I also mentioned that any viewer will show the file. So if it was just a question of viewing the file then I can already view them. My need is to see it in Explorer--on the Right-hand pane, when you select it.. In other words to -a- save the hassle of opening it in a viewer and -b- to save the hassle of having to convert them (which as I also mentioned should not be done since my Media player requires them as such.)

Thank you for your clarification.
I apologize for wasting your time reading my replies.
I am afraid I am of no use to you.
Please kindly wait for someone else to come along.
Good luck.

Remember I did mention that thm files, in this case, are actually jpg files, so there is not need to convert them
My need is to see it in Explorer--on the Right-hand pane, when you select it.. In other words to -a- save the hassle of opening it in a viewer and -b- to save the hassle of having to convert them (which as I also mentioned should not be done since my Media player requires them as such.)
If the files you are dealing with are in .jpg format as suggested above then it sounds to me like all you need to do is select the View tab in file explorer and click the Preview Pane icon

Thank you for your clarification.
I apologize for wasting your time reading my replies.
I am afraid I am of no use to you.
Please kindly wait for someone else to come along.
Good luck.
Oh my god! please do not feel a need to apologize. Regardless of your answers I am still grateful for them. And besides, sometimes answers, regardless of how good they may be, spark ideas or thoughts which may lead to other answers/solution (or more questions). Thanks buddy, really.

Back