Windows 7 HP Photosmart 2610 Installation

paphianclive

I am running Windows 7 RC 64 bit & 32 bit (on separate machines) and am very pleased with the performance compared with Vista.
I successfully installed my HP 2610 All in One printer using the latest HP software available (for Vista) and everything works fine, including the scanner.
However, every time I start my computer, Windows informs me it is “installing Device Driver’, but after a few seconds it then informs me that “Device Driver Software was Not Successfully Installedâ€Â￾, (this applies to the HP 2610 Printer).
It happens every time I start Windows 7 and is the same on 64 bit & 32 bit installations.
How can I stop Windows trying to install the device driver? (as a printer, it does not show in the device driver list).

My search results for the driver on HP's site came up with this Vista driver which may be worth a try:.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Here's a statement from HP's site:

To ensure customers have the best experience with HP imaging and printing products connected to PCs running Windows 7, Windows 7-compatible solutions will be available via Internet download when Windows 7 is publicly released. HP is working with Microsoft to include drivers in the Windows 7 operating system for products introduced in recent years. Older products may have only printer driver support; not all features may work. Please bookmark and re-visit this page for additional information.

Thanks for the response. I have downloaded and installed this software and it is working well including printing and scanning. What I am trying to do is stop Windows 7 trying to install a device driver every time I start my PC.
Any ideas?

That's a very good question, and I do not know which device driver. In the window where it gives details it say 'Photosmart 2610 Printer', but I suppose it could be the scanner driver. However, the scanner is working.
Because it is a printer, it is not seen in list of Device Drivers.

That is strange,

Go to Start > Devices and Printers and make sure the HP printer is set as the default printer.

Right-click on the printer and choose properties, click the Ports tab and make sure it's connected to the correct port. Should be USB001.

Now click the Advanced Tab and make sure the HP printer is shown for the driver.

I am running Windows 7 RC 64 bit & 32 bit (on separate machines) and am very pleased with the performance compared with Vista.
I successfully installed my HP 2610 All in One printer using the latest HP software available (for Vista) and everything works fine, including the scanner.
However, every time I start my computer, Windows informs me it is “installing Device Driver’, but after a few seconds it then informs me that “Device Driver Software was Not Successfully Installedâ€Â￾, (this applies to the HP 2610 Printer).
It happens every time I start Windows 7 and is the same on 64 bit & 32 bit installations.
How can I stop Windows trying to install the device driver? (as a printer, it does not show in the device driver list).

I installed HP Officejet 7210 All-in-one in 64 bit Windows 7 RC and have the same problem even though the printer and scanner work fine. Here is how I resolved it. When Windows booted up, I quickly get into my Device Manager. There is a delay here because Windows is simultaneously trying to install the mysterious HP printer device. I managed to get it open before the "bubble" remark that Windows is trying to install Device Driver. When the bubble popped up, I click on see details just to delay it. Now I see an unknown device popped up in Device Manager with a yellow flag. I just right click and disable it. Since then the "Installing Device Driver" message does not come on at boot.

This method of course depends on doing everything quickly. Since then, I believe there is a better way. I haven't tried it myself but it may work. Go to "Control Panel"->"System and Secuity"->"System". A fast way is to right click "Computer" and choose "Properties". Click on "Advanced system settings", then the "Hardware" tab. Click on "Device Installation Settings" and disable automatic download of driver. If I am right this will make Windows stop and ask before installing the device. Then you can easily stop the device driver installation, go to Device Manager, locate the device with a yellow flag and disable it.

I've discover a new tool in Windows 7 called problem Steps Recorder.

Go to Start > Run, and type psr.

Now click on the record Burton and go through the steps that produce the error, stop recording.
It will create a.zip file on your desktop.

Now upload that zip file here as an attachment, so we can look it over.

The size of the .zip file cannot be larger that 2MB.

i have tried every thing including downloading hp essential 3.5 for the hp2610 and every thing works fine except for borderless printing.
I cannot print borderless with my windows 7 .

i have tried every thing including downloading hp essential 3.5 for the hp2610 and every thing works fine except for borderless printing.
I cannot print borderless with my windows 7 .

I have the same problem. I am using Windows 7, and tried both the built in drivers and the most up to date download. I cannot print photos (not sure if it is only borderless that won't print) even though the printer works fine for normal documents. I have ensured spooling services are started. One more symptom: The photo that is supposed to be printed does not appear in the queue although there is a brief flash of something in the print queue display. Thanks for any help.

Back
Top Bottom