Windows 7 HP Photosmart all-in-one 2610 network driver

LesMurphy

I am trying to install a printer driver for my networked printer. I downloaded the Vista driver from HP. The install recognizes that the printer is on the network, and then issues (gotta love HP!) this message "Device Setup has failed to complete". I re-ran in compatibility mode with Vista - still no luck.

Does anyone have an idea how I can get this to work? Should I perhaps download the XP driver and install that in compatibility mode?

Thanks, Les

Version 6.1.7100 Build 7100

If the Vista driver ain't working you may be SOL. I've never been able to find a work around to get drivers I know should work to install but wont. My C6250 is working fine through the network with the HP Vista driver. Best option may be to email HP and ask whats up.

I checked HP's site and it states "this printer is discontinued"

You could try this link to identify your printer or try the 2605 drivers or the HP diagnostic utility.
Link Removed - Invalid URL

create a restore point before attempting this

Got it to work

I am not sure if my installation of the HP Software had anything to do with this, however after getting the HP message saying that it could not install the driver, I used the standard Windows "Install new printer", selected Network Printer, and it worked like a champ.

It could be that Windows 7 supports printing to the Photosmart 2610 without needing the HP (bloatware) installation.

Thanks for your responses and help!

Ya now,

I found that method out a few days ago and totally forgot about it.

Glad you got it though.:)

Back