Windows 7 I can't change the Download location?

DBK421

hey guys im new here in forum and Windows 7 user and i have some little problem on how to change the Download location i can't find it i already changed my "Documents,MyPicturse,MyVideo,MyMusic" can anyone help me here?

When a file starts to download, simply click "save" then pick a location (such as Desktop) from the left hand plane. It will save downloads to that location for all future downloads UNLESS you change it.

i know but its not that what i'm talking about i remember a folder "Download" when you right-click/properties you can change the Location or where your Downloads saved like how you changing your "MyPictures,MyMusic,MyVideos and Documents" but i can't remember it or where to change it now

Last edited:
i know but its not that what i'm talking about i remember a a folder "Download" when you rightclick/properties you can change the Location or where your Downloads saved like how you changing your "MyPictures,MyMusic,MyVideos and DOcuments" but i can't remember how to change it or where to change it

Here.. just do it the easy way... download this small file that just has some text in it
http://perfectflyer.com/oshaforms.zip

and set it to go to the folder of your choice ... you can even cancel then without actually downloading it. Voila ! Your downloads will be changed to that location you have picked.

You may find you have a mess if you start changing some of those folders you have mentioned... windows will probably just rebuild them. Remember Microsoft knows best ! :cool:

hmm i found it is on the right TAB at Favorites but thats odd it wasn't there before its my 3rd times of installing Windows 7 i keep reverting back to XP cause some of problems but i manage to fix it and that's all i fixed that should be fixed thanks my friend for your help

If you Right Click the Downloads folder on the left pane in Explorer
Click the Location Tab and you can change the location of Downloads folder.

tblount ** if you dump cookies or temp inet files, or reset some settings, then that location will no longer be saved.
Doing it the way you say will work,, but is mostly temporary and at some point you will have to reset it.

It's the last save location.

Last edited:
If you Right Click the Downloads folder on the left pane in Explorer
Click the Location Tab and you can change the location of Downloads folder.

tblount ** if you dump cookies or temp inet files, or reset some settings, then that location will no longer be saved.
Doing it the way you say will work,, but is mostly temporary and at some point you will have to reset it.

It's the last save location.

hmm well i found out that "Download" is the "Documents" its just a shortcut when i click find target it moves me to Documents i just changed it and every is now fine..Thanks for your help and everyone who's replying

Back