Windows 7 I can't find where to enter the password for me to connect to my wireless network.

mvtimin

JUST got my dell laptop with win7 on it. When it was first starting up it showed a list of networks and when I chose mine it gave me the option of typing in the password. But I put off asking my dad for the password and just continued. Now, when I try to connect to the network it just says it's unable to connect and never prompts me to enter the password. where can i type in the stupid password?

JUST got my dell laptop with win7 on it. When it was first starting up it showed a list of networks and when I chose mine it gave me the option of typing in the password. But I put off asking my dad for the password and just continued. Now, when I try to connect to the network it just says it's unable to connect and never prompts me to enter the password. where can i type in the stupid password?

It's trying to connect automatically without a saved password. You have another option.... if you see another wireless SSID (e.g. linksys), try to connect to that. When you fail, you should be able to try to connect to your SSID again. At that point it should ask for a password.

Back
Top Bottom