Windows 7 I can't install anything properly. At all.

TheLP

Okay, so a couple days ago I bought Windows 7 as a part of a promotional thing and got a student discount. I downloaded the .iso and burned it to a disc. I've installed it on my computer, and now almost everytime I attempt to install something I run into some kind of error or bug that basically makes the program unusuable. These are mostly games, but so far I've had trouble installing Fallout 3, EVE Online, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Dragon Age, GTA4...pretty much everything I own. Even when I do get something installed it usually has some kind of debilitating bug. This wasn't a problem when my computer was running XP, so I'm assuming the new OS has some kind of issue. I'm going to try re-burning the disc but I'm worried that maybe the .iso has some kind of problem.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Is there maybe a way I could get the disc mailed to me? I didn't want to have to pay for the shipping and now I'm starting to regret it...:frown:

Here are some of my base system specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium - 64-Bit
Intel Core i7 CPU
6 GB RAM

Older programs might be a problem. Win 7 is a step forward, and not all older stuff will work. That being said, have you tried installing and running the software in compatibility mode.

If that isn't good, then there is a virtual XP machine you might be able to download and install for your older programs.

Back