Windows 7 I Deleted All My Partitions (All Files Including OS) In Windows 7 Disk Utility.

:D
Thank You Guys For Your Cooperation and Solidary Feelings.
This Has Showed Me a Lesson To Not Mess With Windows Disk Utility.
Regards. Clickeee. :)
There's another, very valuable lesson here. There are tons of awesome people hanging out in these forums who will invest their time in helping people who need help with computer problems. You just gotta love people like that. I know I do.

That is great news. I am glad you got your Windows back. I did not realize that when you lost your operating system that you still had your Linux operating system installed separably on your computer. I thought that you deleted all of your hard disks or partitions and removed all of the data. So you had no data at all on your computer.

But it seems from your post now, that you only,deleted all of your hard disks and dater on Windows. But you had Linux installed some where else on your computer that somehow made it separate from Windows. Or that it was an advance install of Linux that was installed separably from Windows. I am sorry that was my mistake as I thought you said that you never had any data left on your computer.

But I am glad you did not have to spend money in a repair shop getting it fixed. That is also good news. But it was lucky that you understood Linux enough to be able to use it to reinstall Windows and repair your computer.

I cannot do anything on Linux except for browse the web and simple stuff like install software from the package manager. And download web browsers through Wine like I do on Windows. And I did not know you could use Wine to re install Windows or repair your Windows operating system. I just thought Wine was only an application that let you install Windows software like web browsers and chat messengers. At least that's what I used it for and a lot of the software I installed through Wine like Aim Messenger,ICQ and Green browser did not even work. That is they installed but they would not run.

Linux is a very difficult and complicated system to use and is not for the average computer user. And I cannot do anything on Linux,like I can on Windows. Run computer tasks,change settings etc. So if I had to rely on Linux to fix my computer I would be stuck. Linux is just not user friendly at all. And I could only ever do the simple stuff and some time not even that on a bad day.

That is why I stay with Windows. But I think that you are very clever to be able to use the Linux settings that most people cannot use to put your computer back together. Andrea Borman.

That is great news. I am glad you got your Windows back. I did not realize that when you lost your operating system that you still had your Linux operating system installed separably on your computer. I thought that you deleted all of your hard disks or partitions and removed all of the data. So you had no data at all on your computer.

But it seems from your post now, that you only,deleted all of your hard disks and dater on Windows. But you had Linux installed some where else on your computer that somehow made it separate from Windows. Or that it was an advance install of Linux that was installed separably from Windows. I am sorry that was my mistake as I thought you said that you never had any data left on your computer.

But I am glad you did not have to spend money in a repair shop getting it fixed. That is also good news. But it was lucky that you understood Linux enough to be able to use it to reinstall Windows and repair your computer.

I cannot do anything on Linux except for browse the web and simple stuff like install software from the package manager. And download web browsers through Wine like I do on Windows. And I did not know you could use Wine to re install Windows or repair your Windows operating system. I just thought Wine was only an application that let you install Windows software like web browsers and chat messengers. At least that's what I used it for and a lot of the software I installed through Wine like Aim Messenger,ICQ and Green browser did not even work. That is they installed but they would not run.

Linux is a very difficult and complicated system to use and is not for the average computer user. And I cannot do anything on Linux,like I can on Windows. Run computer tasks,change settings etc. So if I had to rely on Linux to fix my computer I would be stuck. Linux is just not user friendly at all. And I could only ever do the simple stuff and some time not even that on a bad day.

That is why I stay with Windows. But I think that you are very clever to be able to use the Linux settings that most people cannot use to put your computer back together. Andrea Borman.

Yeaah Actually i Deleted All The OS Inside All The Partitions (i Had No OS) So i Ran Ubuntu Setup From an Bootable USB.
Thank You Andrea. :)

There are lots of folks out there that can use Linux to fix a computer.
Linux may be hard for you Andrea but it doesn't mean its hard for everyone.

But you have got both Windows 7 and Linux on your computer so you must have noticed the difference. That Windows 7 is very easy to use and their control panel, Windows search and system. Well,that they help you a lot on Windows 7 but not on Linux. It is different there.

I do not know about the previous versions versions of Windows,Windows XP or Windows Vista as I have only used those in Internet cafes. Where I used to go before I got my own laptop a Netbook. There,in the Internet cafes they have got Windows XP with IE6 as they do not upgrade their software very often. But of course they block access to the control panel settings because in Internet cafes they are public computers.

But I did get to use a Windows XP laptop in the youth hostel I was staying in when I was on holiday last year. And I could not find the control panel settings on that Windows XP laptop. But it could be because it was a shared laptop that they let the public use because they were staying there. It was because they did not want anyone to change the settings.

And sadly in England they no longer sell Windows XP or Windows Vista computers or laptops in the shops now. As they stopped this a few months ago. So now you cannot buy Windows XP or Windows Vista only Windows 7. But I am very happy with Windows 7 and get on well with it.

My only complaint is why are the makers of Netbooks only putting Windows 7 starter on Netbooks and not Windows 7 Home Premium or a higher edition? I have upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium on one Netbook,Ultimate on the other. And on my new Netbook Windows 7 Professional and the higher editions all work fine on all Netbooks. But I had to pay for all of my upgrades when on a 2g or 3G laptop,they have got at least Windows 7 Home premium so you do not need to upgrade.

Windows 7 Starter is all right but as you know it does not have all of the features of the other higher editions. But as I said Netbooks can and do run higher editions. So why don't they just make the Netbooks with at least Windows 7 Home Premium already on them? The makers of these Netbooks HP,Dell and others probably do not know that Netbooks can run higher editions of Windows. Maybe some body should tell them,they can.

A few weeks ago I had to do a restore to factory condition recovery and after this was done it put me back on Windows 7 Starter again.But I was able to upgrade without paying again because I have kept a copy of my upgrade key,written down in my notebook.

There are 2 restore to factory recovery options. 1 complete factory restore that restores you computer to the out of the box condition when you bought it. This has all of the promotional HP software on it.

2 minimized image restore just restore your original copy of Windows in my case Windows 7 starter and all of the vital software needed. Which is a new and working IE8 web browser,Windows Media Player,Windows drivers including wireless network ones and just some of HP's software. I have an HP Mini 210 Netbook.

Although this solved a lot of problems,both recovery's full factory restore and minimum factory restore put back my original copy of Windows that the laptop came with. Windows 7 Starter and of course Internet Explorer,which I got off of as soon as I used it to download Safefox web browser again. And then I had to remove IE all over again and I now have other web browsers instead.

Actually Windows 7 Starter is not that bad, and although they say in the articles on the web, that you are restricted to what you can do on starter you are not really. You can change the desktop theme color on Windows 7 starter by selecting Windows Classic option and using the color wheel. At least that was what I did but you cannot download wallpapers from the internet on Starter and they say you cannot burn CDs.

But when I had Windows 7 Starter I had Real Player on my computer then. And this has an option to burn a video onto a CD or DVD. So I think being on starter does not stop you doing this with third party software only Windows software,such as Windows DVD maker. And you don't get Windows Media Center on Windows 7 Starter but I don't use that anyway.

I use my computer for installing web browsers,media players and I use ICQ video chat and Windows 7 Starter lets me do all of those things. And even tried out installing Linux mint with virtual clone drive on my new Netbook on Windows 7 Starter and it installed and ran the same way it did on Windows 7 Home premium. So I could have kept my Linux Mint on Windows 7 Starter. So I could have kept Linux Mint.

But although Linux Mint is more user friendly than most brands of Linux it is not as good as Windows. And if I was given a choice between having a Windows computer or a Linux one. I would choose Windows as Linux is just too difficult to use but Windows is so user friendly,even a child can use it.

All right I admit I do not like the fact that Windows is bundled with Internet Explorer instead of Firefox or another web browser. Which most people like. But I have got rid of IE on all of my computers. So all of my laptops are now Internet Explorer free. So it is possible to run windows without IE. And some day all windows computers will be made this way. I hope.

And I also think that they should start making Netbooks with at least Windows 7 Home Premium on them instead of Windows 7 Starter. Which would be much better for a lot of people. Because then,they would not have to worry about upgrading or go through the hassle of upgrading again after they have done a factory restore recovery. Like I had to do. Andrea Borman.

Last edited:
So Andrea, you removed IE from your netbooks again, after having to do a restore to factory on both.
Keep messing with core components and you will be restoring to factory again.
Just ignore or disable IE and install your favorite browser.
Unless of course you like to perform restores.

Last edited:
That was not the reason why I had to do a factory restore on my other 2 Netbooks. It was because I used a product called Little Registry cleaner and afterwards System Restore no longer worked. See my post here on this site http://windows7forums.com/windows-7...ystem-restore-does-not-work-anymore-help.html

That was why I had to do the recovery not because I deleted IE. But I have since found out that a lot of other people have had problems with registry cleaners. I only wish I had known this before I used it.

And what do you think of the computer makers in England only putting Windows 7 Starter on Netbooks instead of higher editions like they should do? Andrea Borman.

That was not the reason why I had to do a factory restore on my other 2 Netbooks. It was because I used a product called Little Registry cleaner and afterwards System Restore no longer worked. See my post here on this site http://windows7forums.com/windows-7...ystem-restore-does-not-work-anymore-help.html

That was why I had to do the recovery not because I deleted IE. But I have since found out that a lot of other people have had problems with registry cleaners. I only wish I had known this before I used it.

And what do you think of the computer makers in England only putting Windows 7 Starter on Netbooks instead of higher editions like they should do? Andrea Borman.
It makes economic sense for manufacturers to use starter, that's what starter is all about.
They do the same here unless there is an option otherwise although there is bound to be a premium.

Yes Registry Cleaners can be dangerous and completely unnecessary.
Windows has done a good job maintaining the registry since XP.
So is messing with core components especially when you admit to have a basic understanding of computing.
You can't convince me that messing with core components, even if you believe they are unnecessary is a good thing.

Anyway we will continue to be here to support you,
but please consider taking our advice in the future, Andrea.

I still run into sites that are pretty non functional on Firefox. I think it's probably because of the lack of ActiveX. Therefore I have IETab installed. When I come to one of those sites I click the IETab button and it switches to Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer has it's uses. I wouldn't be without it.

Besides, I still think those people who design Windows pretty much know what they are doing. I can't believe you like to think you know better than the experts Andrea. You've admitted to being a novice in your posts all over this forum.

Yes,that's right. I am not a computer expert, I am a novice. But then most people are. Computers have been around since the 1960s and maybe before but they were not for public use. They were only used by governments and police stations and all that. Then in the 1990s, they started making computers available to the public, and so the Internet was created. And they started teaching computer classes in schools. And Internet cafes were opened in the big cities although there were not as many Internet cafes as now only in London,in England where I live that is.

But the system they used back then was Windows 95 and then Windows 98 with IE4,IE5 and then IE6. So of course in our time when we was at school we never learned computers. Because ordinary people including schools did not use them in the 1970s and 1980s. And I know of an office in London who is still using Windows 95 with IE6.

So most of use including myself have just picked up the skills and actually, I learned how to use the computer in an Internet cafe from the person sitting next to me. Before that,I did not even know how to use a mouse or even get online or search the Internet or even use a computer.

But I picked up more and more and now I would say I am an average user but of course I cannot take computers apart and repair them or build them. But then I don't think that most people can either.

But Windows does make things easy for you and this new edition of Windows,Windows 7,you get a lot of step by step instructions from control panel and Windows search. But I think the other editions of Windows,Windows XP and Windows Vista are a bit different, but I have only ever used them in Internet cafes, not at home. So of course on a public computer they block access to control panel,because they don't want you to change the settings.

I think that is why where my dislike of Internet Explorer comes from. Because when you go to an Internet cafe,there,they use IE6 and IE7 which are awful web browsers and very very slow and crash and do not display the web pages. IE8 is not any better and even though I have a very good Internet connection. IE8 and IE9 are very poor browsers and it is just not the same as using Safefox or Chromium. Even the Trident engine browsers like Green browser and Avant browser which have IEs engine work better than IE. In fact they are different from IE in that they do not crash and are faster and have none of the problems that IE has. Even though they built on the same engine as IE,Trident.

As for not being able to go onto a website without using IE,I have never had that problem. I go on Facebook and all of that and a lot of blogging and social network sites encourage you to use a browser like Firefox or Google Chrome not IE. I have never come across a website that says I have to use IE to view it. So maybe there was another reason that you could not get onto some websites not because you were not using IE.

You cannot get on a website with IE on a bad day because it is such a slow web browser and there always is a bad day with IE as it is not a very good browser. They say that IE8 is better than IE6 or 7 but I cannot tell one version of IE from another,they all look alike to me. Except for IE9,which looks different but is no better and kept crashing.

But I think you can run Windows without Internet Explorer,maybe not the Windows parts that are used in both the browser and Windows but I have only deleted the web browser not the software parts in Windows. So my Windows is not effected. But I do not know what would happen if you removed IE web browser from Windows XP or Windows Vista as they may depend more on IE than Windows 7 does.

But maybe in the future they will bundle Windows with a different as you need a web browser to get onto websites. But if I was given a choice between having my Windows bundled with Firefox or IE,then I would choose Firefox. I think most people would as most Windows users hate IE. Andrea Borman.

Last edited:
It is dangerous to alter or delete your hard disk partitions and Windows needs to remove this feature,so that nobody can do this. Because otherwise more people are going to unwittingly damage their computer.

So to avoid this happening,this setting needs to be removed from Windows permanently. As the hard disk IS your computer, and so cannot be changed. The hard disk on your computer comes as is, and it is better to leave it alone,and not partition it.

There is no need to do this anyway as you can install Linux alongside Windows without partitioning the disks. Or buy a Linux computer if you don't want to use Windows. Andrea Borman.

So I would gather you do not believe in partitioning hard drives? I have partitioned Hard drives in the past recovered partitions and never encountered a problem, If I would i always make a daily backup of my entire system to a separate hard drive so a re-install of the system if needed would only take a half hour or so. Many users partition their drives they keep the OS on one partition and install there programs and data on another partition. Many store their games a different partition also. If you do not feel comfortable partitioning drive don't do it. However to say MS should remove this feature is not the right way to address this problem. I wonder would you have Acronis, or Easeus go out of business as 3rd party operators who make partitioning software?

Well,the truth is I do not know how to partition my hard disks, and I am sure I would damage my computer if I even tried to do this. So in my case, and for most other people, it is better if we do not have access to this feature.

It is the only way to be safe. Andrea Borman.

Simple logic and common sense will often come in handy. Sounds to me like you know your limitations and that is a very good thing indeed. But simply not knowing how to do something should not be a barrier to doing it, it should simply be an opportunity to learn something new and there are many available resources to help you advance you personal knowledge and abilities.
Crossing the steet can be dangerous and paper cuts can be painful but you can still live your life by just excercising a little caution and common sense. Learning how to do new things can be fun as well as educational and sometimes it's helpful to have a certain amount of knowledge in advance to better prepare for some difficult life lessons.

That is fine for you, but I do not think you can speak for most other users, it is not hard to do but you have read and follow the instructions when partitioning a drive. You should always do a full backup of your system to a separate hard drive or CD/DVD discs before doing any potential disc operations. I would suggest also look for free classes on Windows in your local area or just experiment with your system it is the only true way to learn. Again always keep a current backup of your system so you can re-install if needed.

It is dangerous to alter or delete your hard disk partitions and Windows needs to remove this feature,so that nobody can do this. Because otherwise more people are going to unwittingly damage their computer.

So to avoid this happening,this setting needs to be removed from Windows permanently. As the hard disk IS your computer, and so cannot be changed. The hard disk on your computer comes as is, and it is better to leave it alone,and not partition it.

There is no need to do this anyway as you can install Linux alongside Windows without partitioning the disks. Or buy a Linux computer if you don't want to use Windows. Andrea Borman.
Another precious but misguided pearl of wisdom.

Last edited:
Thank you for your interest Frank. But in this case even a back up won't help as once you alter the disks,that's it. So i think in my case and other people's as well-DO NOT TOUCH THE HARD DISKS.

We have already seen what happens if you do,from what happened to the person,who did that,here on this forum. Andrea Borman.

Back
Top Bottom