Windows 7 I don't like programs to be pinned to to my taskbar

stueycaster

Millennium Celebration Award Winner
Premium Supporter
I prefer to only use it to keep track of running programs. My monitor is pretty small (17 inch 1024x768). If I use it to launch programs there won't be room for that plus any miscellaneous programs that I might use.

I set it up to do Quick Launch instead and Now I like it. Windows 7 really is nice but they need to provide means to set up the interface any way we want to. That includes the Classic Start Menu. I don't care what you say about me liking to stick with old ways. I've tried the new menu and I think Classic just works better. In XP and Vista when you set it for fastest performance it automatically sets it to Classic Start Menu. I do like the Aero Theme but but in Vista you can use it plus classic start. Windows 7 needs to do that too.

Yes you are correct that there should be an option for this. However there is no difference in power consumption or resources between aero and classic. Only the graphics card is affected by this. In some tests the classic performed better but in others aero performed best. On older machines pentium 4 and bleow classic is the choice. Above that aero is the way to go.

Back