Windows 7 Found things I don't like already....

Permissions

I do find the permissions/security a bit cumbersome.
It's plenty secure, but not always easy to make Win7 do what it's needed to.
Some programmes are probably at fault, e.g. by needing admin to run.

Hi

Here is another app. that I have found useful.
It ads the command "Take Ownership" to the right click drop down.
I found this right here on these forums.

It has helped me out a number of times when Windows would not let me access something.

Take Ownership Shortcut - Windows 7 Forums

Mike

Which is the point.
You need to add an item to the context menu and go through all those hoops to do something very basic, which you are allowed to do. It's security by tedium.

I have no idea what you are complaining about.. I love the Windows 7 startbar and is hands-down the best startbar they have ever created. it's quick, pleasant on the eyes, and accomplishes the needed tasks (pinned items, most recent used, and easy access to CP/My Computer/local docs)

Which is the point.
You need to add an item to the context menu and go through all those hoops to do something very basic, which you are allowed to do. It's security by tedium.

You can also perform the operation via Command Prompt or the File Property context of the file(s)/folder.

Which is the point.
Or if you can protect the thing on your own which some can and most cannot, disable UAC and all that mess is gone.

You can tweak the reg and obtain bliss with any OS as long as your willing to search and do

Which is the point.

Using VBScripts, batch files or registry scripts, let you make serious changes to the OS without any tedium at all. Just run the program.....job done.
I've gathered quite a library of them to assist me in setting up new PC's. It would take an hour to manually do what I can get done in about 30 seconds.
The "Take Ownership" script was/is a real Life Saver.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom