Windows 7 I finally got Win 7 up and running...

5teveC

I tried 5 installs(upgrades) and nothing seemed to work. My first attempt I ran the upgrade adviser and was told to uninstall iTunes. I did that and the install froze (black screen) after a reboot after "installing devices and files". I then had to re-install VISTA. I then did some research and realized I didn't have the latest video driver for my NVIDIA 9500 GS. (Even though I ran HP's Update program it didn't tell me that an update was available.) After updating the driver it still froze. Then I tried a "clean install" and that didn't work. I then found an update for my BIOS and tried yet again another win 7 update. It AGAIN froze.
I got to thinking about the Upgrade Adviser telling me to un-install iTunes. I did that of course for all attempts but this time I check the running processes and found that Apple has a lot of programs running in the back ground. Like adobe reader, adobe updater and so on. I un-installed these programs as well then attempted another upgrade. AND IT WORKED! It took me a while, but I got it.
I hope this info helps others. Keep plugging away. And good luck.

Steve

Spoke too soon

I guess I spoke too soon. When I booted up this morning it didn't make it to the log on screen. The monitor went black. I pressed the sleep button on the keyboard and after it went to sleep I woke it via the space bar. It woke to the log on screen.
I'll just have to keep plugging away at this.

5teve

I guess I spoke too soon. When I booted up this morning it didn't make it to the log on screen. The monitor went black. I pressed the sleep button on the keyboard and after it went to sleep I woke it via the space bar. It woke to the log on screen.
I'll just have to keep plugging away at this.

5teve

Search my blogs for turning off hibernation... also go to your power options and just set everything to Never for a few days and see if the problem goes away.

Back
Top Bottom