Windows 10 I forgot my bitlocker password also lost my 48 digit recovery key

Asim Gabol

I was using bitlocker for my personal data.I also was changing my bitlocker password every week. I did not save my key because childerns at home used key to open bitlocker password.
Now i forgot my password as well as i have no recovery key.
I tried to recover key through CMD prompt.
I found only
4D94737E-××××-××××-××××-×××××××××××××
I am helpless using my bitlocker because 48 digit recovery key is only in numeric form and i could not found my key..
Can any one helpme ??

Try this search: ”recover bitlocker without key.” One of the suggestions may help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The whole purpose of bit locker is making the data inaccessible without the password or key. Your option is to reinstall Windows and start over

Either reinstallation of windows will not effect my data ??
Or i will be in encryption decryption process ??

I also rembering that i saved my 48 digit recovery ki in drive D . Wich is protected by bitlocker. Kindly help me..

We can't help, anything encrypted if you don't have the password or recovery key is impossible.

I was using bitlocker for my personal data.I also was changing my bitlocker password every week. I did not save my key because childerns at home used key to open bitlocker password.
Now i forgot my password as well as i have no recovery key.
I tried to recover key through CMD prompt.
I found only
4D94737E-××××-××××-××××-×××××××××××××
I am helpless using my bitlocker because 48 digit recovery key is only in numeric form and i could not found my key..
Can any one helpme ??
I know it's too late to help in this case, but that 48-digit recovery key was what COULD have been used to access the BitLocker-protected data. It's all numeric because that's just how BitLocker works. You COULD have supplied that numeric recovery key to access the BitLocker data.

So, you COULD have accessed the data, and then, if you wanted to, you could have changed the 48-digit recovery key using manage-bde.exe, which is well documented online and within Windows itself.

Just posting this to potentially help others.

Back
Top Bottom