Windows 7 I hate WINDOWS 7 and I wanna go back

Sidus1

Hello to all fellow users. I started to read thru the forums but this windows 7 is so friggin slow I would still be here by Christmas.
I thought this would be quicker as I am ready to pitch this out. If I type quicker than 5 wpm the letters all go missing and of course the text unreadable. Every thing on myPC is so slow. All programs aswell as the Internet. I want togo backto VISTA. YES you heard me right.

Now, what I did was just install Win 7 right over Vista. I did this as an upgrade option.

#1 Can I go back?
#2 How do I go back?
#3 YES, I do have a Vista disk
#4 In the control panel under the add/remove programs there is an entry in there called Upgrade. Does this have anything to do with the upgrade to Windows 7 ? If so can I use this to go back Vista?
#5 Will I get back all my installed programs. EX: Windows mail with all contacts and messages? Or will itcome back as a virgin PC running windows vista?
#6 Thats all for now but I am sure I will think of more questions as I slowly start to get my wits about me.

Did I mention I know enough about computers just to be dangerous?

Please please can someone help me out while I still have some hair left?

I don't know about going back but your mistake was to upgrade instead of a clean install. Clean install is always best even though you have to reinstall all of your software and data.
Joe

Yes a very slow windows 7

Thanks Drew

Windows 7 was given to me by a buddy who installed it on his PC. and he said all is well with his PC . It was Windows 7 Ultimate and he told me he got it off the web. I was running Vista ultimate. I did stay at 32 > 32. I simply inserted the disk and choose upgrade instead of install.

Now if I put in the Vista disk, I guess I will have to select the install optn. Will this wipe out all the programs that I currently have installed? If this is the case I might as well use the systems' option to revert the PC back to day one.

I am trying to save all my programs and data.
Do you have any idea what the " upgrade " program is under Control Panel, Programs and Features, uninstall a program is?

I have done many upgrades over the years and have never run into this before. If I get back to Vista, I would really have to think it over before I would try this upgrade to WIN 7 again.

If you upgraded from Vista to Win7, the upgrade can't be uninstalled. Your only option is to re-install Vista (or use a manufacturer's system restore). All of your installed applications will be gone. Make sure to back up all data. Be particularly careful if you have any local email archives.

If Win7 is running badly, something is seriously messed up with your installation. Win7 usually runs as fast or faster than Vista, and Win7 apparently can run OK on systems with weaker hardware. (I've seen it run OK on an old notebook PC with a slow CPU and 1GB of RAM.)

That's why people recommend a clean install rather than an upgrade. Upgrading over Vista probably works OK in most cases, but there may be exceptions. You appear to be one of them. The only upgrade I tried was the original public beta (build 7000) over Vista Home Premium X64. It made such a mess of things that I have subsequently only done clean installs.

It sounds to me that your buddy has gotten ahold of either a badly modified/messed up pirate copy or an early build, as in pre beta/RC. My only suggestion is that in future, make sure you know the source of the software, if it didn't come from microsoft, it's probably not a good idea to install it.

It sounds to me that your buddy has gotten ahold of either a badly modified/messed up pirate copy or an early build, as in pre beta/RC. My only suggestion is that in future, make sure you know the source of the software, if it didn't come from microsoft, it's probably not a good idea to install it.

Agreed.. Definitely sounds like a bad copy.. That and the fact that you Upgraded instead of Clean Installed.. It really does make that big of a difference sometimes and this is obviously one of those times..

You could reinstall it via a clean install this time.. You would just format as usual then instead of picking "Upgrade", choose "Clean Install".. ;) If your friend's PC is still working exactly as it should then it may not be a bad copy at all.. It could just be that when you did the upgrade some drivers/apps didn't make the switch very well.. As a result your getting errors and a very unstable system..

If you are able to (and haven't already) I would suggest burning/transfering all your personal files off the PC.. Then try the reinstallation via Clean Install (Your going to have to reinstall anyway so why not give the copy of 7 the benefit of the doubt).. Once finished make sure you install all the proper drivers for your hardware.. If after doing this the PC is still acting the way it is now then there's a very good chance it is the copy of Windows 7.. If it's working as it should then you know it was a driver/app conflict.. ;) I only suggest this because you already installed once so as long as you can get your personal information off the PC then what do you have to lose? If the copy of 7 you have does turn out to be bogus then you'll have to go back to Vista or XP..

Thanks to all

Thank you folks.

Looks like I will back up my files and then revert back to VISTA. And I guess your right Radenight. I might as well try putting Windows 7 back in as a clean install and see what happens.

Are all the versions of Windows 7 going to expire and if they do, then what? If we do not purchase the Windows 7 we will have to revert back to Vista or XP?

Thank you folks.

Looks like I will back up my files and then revert back to VISTA. And I guess your right Radenight. I might as well try putting Windows 7 back in as a clean install and see what happens.

Are all the versions of Windows 7 going to expire and if they do, then what? If we do not purchase the Windows 7 we will have to revert back to Vista or XP?

Yes you will have to do an install of VISTA or XP depending on what you like,

Did anyone notice he wasn't asking what was wrong with Windows7. No. He's happy to think he's one of maybe two people who hate it because it's painfully slow. He just wants to know how to get back to Vista. Gee, perhaps he should have asked somebody about how to install Windows7 but too late now.

Do what you should have done. Back up your data and do a clean install of Vista.

Something I have done for a long time is to partiton the HD and put the data separate from the OS. Then you can reformat and reinstall the system without wiping out your data. Vista and Windows 7 both will handle this without additional software. If you want to take time and research you could load Vista first create a separate partition and Install windows 7 there. You'd still have Vista if you weren't ready to purchase Windows 7 when it begins periodic shutdowns next year. That's dual boot there is a screen up to select which system you want to boot. That's the way I went.
Joe

:( I also hate windows 7. I have the 64-bit version. XP works. WIndows 7 does not. It is slower, apt hang running microsoft software including IE and OUTLOOK. Will not run software to support my 5 year old printer/scanner or Eudora 4.2, it took me days EACH to get many other programs to work . I never know when my cursor movements will result in an unintended scroll action or resizing of the screen. I turned off the automatic jumping of windows to the edge of the screen, but I have not figured out to get rid of many other "improvements". I just had to reboot my computer to make the speakers work. The computer is much slower and harder to keep running fast even though it has a faster CPU with a dual processor. I cannot do sophisticated searches. I do not want my searches for files to find email... but I can't control that either. I have been using computers since 1965. Taught Javascript at a university. I am not afraid of complexity, but MS attempt to make it easier for many has generated a nightmare for me! I have purchased DELL Computers without software support every 5 years since 1990, but I REALLY WISH I HAD PURCHASED SOFTWARE SUPPORT FOR WINDOWS 7 ... every 3 months or so, I get so stuck, that I have to pay $100 to Dell get me out of my misery!

If you are going to have to do an new clean install anyway I would just install Windows 7 again.

It really does work better then either XP or Vista.

Even with my old computer, when I switched it from XP to Windows 7 I got better performance.

Some things Windows 7 does do slower.

Loading programs takes longer because it does not preload as much stuff and the previous versions.

I notice that Adobe Photoshop takes longer to load in W7 but once it's running it's a lot faster.
So it's a trade off.

But for me at least it has been faster and more stable then XP or Vista and I installed in on 4 computers so far 2 of my own and two for friends.

All of them ran better afterwards.

You don't say anything about your computer specs, but if you are running vista you should be able to run W7, it works on my 6 year old Dell with only 2 gigs of ram.

My nephew is still using it.

Mike

Back