Windows 7 i have a problem with updates

waelhassan

now i just got windows 7 and it was making auttomatic updates just fine as alwayes but at the end it asked me to restart my computer so i did when it was shutting down it says (dont turn off or power down your computer till the update procces is complete so i didnt but it took me like a whole day and it didnt make even 1% so i turn my pc from the switch ( a stupid move i know but i had to do it)it was a very long time so i had no choise but now when i open my pc it says it is updating and i open my action center i see it downloading but also its making any progress not even 1% it doesnt even want to check for updates but actually this is not a problem for me but now the big problem is that im dpwnloading with 20 kb/s which is a big problem so please someone help me
pleaseeeee help me........

Hello !!

I guess it might have corrupted DNS cache. To clear the DNS cache in Windows7, Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt. Right-click on it and select 'Run As Administrator'. Type the following and hit enter: ipconfig /flushdns

I'm attaching a batch file download it then extract the winsockfix.bat file then right click and Run as administrator then reboot the system and test it.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Hope this helps,
Captain

If you have access to Windows Update, can you set it so it will not download any updates until you allow.

You may need to uninstall some of the updates to remove the one or ones that are causing the problem.

I always set mine up so it asks, and always double check any optional updates.

If you need to uninstall updates, open Control Panel-Programs and Features. Click on View installed updates, then start uninstalling them.

If you could determine which one was hanging your system, it would be good.

Also in the Control Panel is an Troubleshooter. Open it and look under System and Security for the Windows Update troubleshooter.

If you have Win 7 Ultimate and allow the language updates, it can take a while. I hide those so they don't keep trying to update.

Back