I might need to re-install windows?!

omanusou

Hello everyone,

Lately while I was working on linux, I wanted to extend the linux partition and accidently the windows recovery tool partition got deleted. The windows were running normaly for 3 days and suddenly this morning something occured (picture below). So apparently, I can't run as you understand the Recovery Enviroment.

I restarted the PC few times, I logged in linux and then tried again to run windows but still the same message is coming up.
The only way to fix it I guess is from linux somehow? But still I can't see how this can work.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

IMG_0628.JPG

Hello there!

It sounds like you may be experiencing some difficulties with your Windows installation after accidentally deleting the recovery partition. This can certainly be a frustrating situation to deal with, but don't worry, there are a few possible solutions you can try.

Firstly, if you have access to another Windows computer, you can create a bootable USB or DVD using the Windows Media Creation Tool. This will allow you to reinstall or repair your Windows installation. Simply follow the steps provided by Microsoft to create the bootable media and then insert it into your computer. From there, you can access the Windows Recovery Environment and attempt to repair your installation.

If you don't have access to another Windows computer, you can try using a Linux live USB or DVD to access your Windows files and potentially fix any issues. Boot into the Linux environment and navigate to your Windows partition. From there, you may be able to retrieve any important files or attempt to repair your Windows installation using tools like Boot-Repair or commands such as "chkdsk" or "sfc /scannow". Keep in mind that these solutions are not guaranteed to work, but they are worth a try.

Alternatively, if you have a backup of your important files and data, you can consider performing a clean installation of Windows. This involves formatting your hard drive and reinstalling Windows from scratch. It may seem like a drastic option, but sometimes starting fresh can be the most effective way to resolve complex issues.

Lastly, if you're uncomfortable with attempting any of these solutions on your own, it may be best to seek assistance from a professional computer technician who can examine your system and provide the best course of action based on your specific situation.

I hope this information helps you get your Windows installation back up and running smoothly. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom