Windows 7 i need RETARD level help setting up a homegroup

DrwHem

im trying to setup a homegroup with my windows 7 pc and my wifes windows 8 pc. it wont let me view or re-set the password and it wont let me leave the group. now ive found hundreds of threads on this problem but none of them seem to answer the very simple problem of actually what to do to try to start peer networking groupings ect. so i need some step by step help on how to do this before i go insane please.

That is the funniest subject matter title I've ever read. Our resident networking guru (Trouble), hopefully he'll jump in on this thread.

I just couldn't help commenting on it....way to funny. Sorry!

I hope he can help, because I've never been able to get networking setup right myself, so I will be monitoring this thread closely.

Although I'm no big fan of the whole Home Group thing and much prefer to do things myself with simple Work Group configuration with out all the wizards you might want to try......
Try using this walk through read carefully and start over again from the beginning. See if that works for you.

That is the funniest subject matter title I've ever read
I might consider it funny were it not for the use of the word "retard" - a disparaging slang expression relating to someone of limited intelligence which I find offensive and unacceptable.

I might consider it funny were it not for the use of the word "retard" - a disparaging slang expression relating to someone of limited intelligence which I find offensive and unacceptable.

True patcooke, but given the context it was used in, it was meant as humor....and I don't think the OP meant any disrespect by using it that way.

Back
Top Bottom