Windows Vista IE 8 crashes on Facebook website

Iowabucks

Hey everyone. I have a problem with my IE crashing anytime i get on Facebook. Most of the time when i move my curser over the tabs on the top, you get a drop down box. But these boxes never go away. When you close out the windows it tells me my IE stopped working. Or sometimes when clicking on something the box will come up saying windows has stopped. The window will not freeze, but is always operational until the box comes up telling you windows has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Facebook seems to be the only problem. I use Vista Ultimate 64.

I run no addons in IE. I have also added Facebook to my trusted sites in tools/internet options/security/trusted sites.

But if i go to facebook after opening an "in private browsing" tab, i don't see any problems like before.

Please, someone help me understand whats going on.

They probably shut it down agaiin as it gets hacked often.;)

Try typing the into your brorowser:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

Still have the problem after deleteing All browsing history, temp files, cookies, etc

Data execution prevention seems to close the window down. Would it be safe to disable it for just this site? Or is the DEP error just an after effect of whatever is shutting down the window?

I tried pasting that address in my browser. Got the Facebook homepage, but when i went to log on, it went nowhere.

if you don`t want more problems in the future then say bye to ie. Get a firefox, also is the add on king.Get anything safari, opera, chrome (fastest) but not ie.

My DEP is set to "turn on DEP for essential windows programs and services only". I see no "numbered" settings.

How do i try this in compatibility mode?

Don't worry about the number as long as it's turned on. I have one program in the list to turn off DEP

Are you using IE7 or IE8?

Adding Facebook to the compatibility view doesn't help either.

I got to thank you for helping me so far.

Last edited:
Thanks for the idea kemical. I should have tried it sooner.

Got it figured out. Hope it stays that way. I was looking at my IE plugins (i didn't think i had any). There were 3. I disabled the one that said IEPlugin Class by Arcsoft, Inc. That seems to have fixed it.

Thanks everyone for their help. I'll be back if it doesn't stay fixed. Jerry.

Back