IE 9 Browsing History

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by jimlau, Jul 26, 2012.

1. jimlau

jimlau Active Member

my internet explorer 9 is not saving my browsing history. i have allocated space for the temporary files, but still nothing is saved.

any ideas?

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

I suppose the primary area to check is the Internet options, general tab, and in the Browsing History section, make sure the Delete browsing history on exit box is not checked, and on settings, make sure it shows how many days to keep the history.

If not that, do you have any other software that will clean your system?

3. jimlau

jimlau Active Member

yeah, did all that and still no go. i have kaspersky anti-virus. i don't see any place where it erases browsing history. i guess that's what it has to be tho?

4. Pauli

Pauli Extraordinary Member
    Premium Supporter

If I were you, I'd check with Kaspersky. You do have a legitimate program? And look for any other automatic cleansing software you may have. Also, you have IE9 updates? Sounds somewhat like a bug.

Best of luck. :)

#4 Pauli, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  5. jimlau

jimlau Active Member

waiting to hear back from kaspersky. when u said a bug, u mean my computer may have a virus?

6. Pauli

Premium Supporter

No, I meant a bug as in glitch. Something wrong with the, or some, program. Not an expert here, please remember.

7. jimlau

jimlau Active Member

the only way i could get it to work was to uncheck protective mode.

is this safe?

thanks.

8. Pauli

Premium Supporter

You need to wait for a more experienced person to give a precise and correct answer - sorry. But with your Kaspersky updated, and a functioning Firewall, updated too, you should be safe. IE9 protected mode is an extra to security, and there seems to be quite a few problems with it e.g. "not being able to print". --- I don't use IE, I don't really know it, sorry #2.

You have Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 installed? And all important updates? And, generally, your computer works fine?

The question that should have been made at the very start, did this problem start suddenly and if, when, and can you locate the date or any actions to that point of time? If you can locate it, you could simply try a Restoration point.

Best wishes. :)