Windows 7 IE 9 Browsing History

jimlau

my internet explorer 9 is not saving my browsing history. i have allocated space for the temporary files, but still nothing is saved.

any ideas?

I suppose the primary area to check is the Internet options, general tab, and in the Browsing History section, make sure the Delete browsing history on exit box is not checked, and on settings, make sure it shows how many days to keep the history.

If not that, do you have any other software that will clean your system?

yeah, did all that and still no go. i have kaspersky anti-virus. i don't see any place where it erases browsing history. i guess that's what it has to be tho?

If I were you, I'd check with Kaspersky. You do have a legitimate program? And look for any other automatic cleansing software you may have. Also, you have IE9 updates? Sounds somewhat like a bug.

Best of luck. :)

Last edited:
No, I meant a bug as in glitch. Something wrong with the, or some, program. Not an expert here, please remember.

You need to wait for a more experienced person to give a precise and correct answer - sorry. But with your Kaspersky updated, and a functioning Firewall, updated too, you should be safe. IE9 protected mode is an extra to security, and there seems to be quite a few problems with it e.g. "not being able to print". --- I don't use IE, I don't really know it, sorry #2.

You have Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 installed? And all important updates? And, generally, your computer works fine?

The question that should have been made at the very start, did this problem start suddenly and if, when, and can you locate the date or any actions to that point of time? If you can locate it, you could simply try a Restoration point.

Best wishes. :)

Back