Windows 7 IE browser sloooow to connect

rounder

I have the RC build 7100 installed. Intially the beta was fast on the IE connection and then it got worse. When I went to the RC version it was lightening quick, but then slowed down, too. I reinstalled the RC twice and the third time, I watched what I installed, to determine if it was apps causing the problem. I only have the typical software installed...Adobe Flash Player, Shockwave, etc., Java, Microsoft Office 2007, I am using Kaspersky's beta for W7 as my AV.

Browser connection time was 3 seconds and a new tab was instantaneous. Now a new connection is 7 seconds and about the same for a new tab. I have a 10 Mb ISP service. When I use my Windows XP OS on my other HDD, I get a 3 sec new connection and an instantaneous new tab. Obviously, I have a problem with W7 that doesn't exist in Win XP.

Has anyone had a similiar experience? Any helpfull feedback?

Thanks in advance,
rounder

Hello and welcome to the Windows7forums.

Did you happen to install any add-ons such as IE Toolbars like Yahoo or Google.

Also take a screenshot of the Processes in task manager , click on the memory tab which will show the processes which are using the most amount of memory.

Also, when you open Internet Explorer, do you open a new tab or a new window?

reghkr,

Thank you for you welcome.

"Did you happen to install any add-ons such as IE Toolbars like Yahoo or Google."
Never

"Also take a screenshot of the Processes in task manager , click on the memory tab which will show the processes which are using the most amount of memory."
Will get back with that.

"Also, when you open Internet Explorer, do you open a new tab or a new window? "
Both. After the initial connection to the internet it is the 10 Mbps speed, one would expect. It is only the new connection and new tabs/windows that are slow. All apps are very fast, MS Office, etc.

Last edited:
I would recommend you open a new tab rather than new windows as it keeps adding multiple instances of Internet Explorer.

Have you tried Deleting all your browsing history and set the cache to a reasonable size, around 50MB.

Was this an upgrade or a "clean" install of Windows 7?

Once I have the initial IE connection to the internet, I only use new tabs. I delete cookies, browsing history and temp files often. I have 4 gig of RAM. These have always been clean installs.

reghakr, Thanks for your help and feedback.

BTW, nice lookin' ride...SS...!

rounder

Last edited:
Switched HDD's to the Win XP OS. Son came home from college this weekend and was truly frustrated with the lag of opening a new tab or opening a link that demanded a new window.

After surfing this a bit, I was convinced of which OS I was going to be using in the near future. I know that others are having a trouble-free time with W7 and they can be thankfull for that. But, for me, the trusty-rusty XP is unbeatable. Everything is so fast and I have had no problems with any apps, etc.

I may uninstall/reinstall W7, again. I like it when it runs fast...:cool:

Back