Windows Vista IE Can't display web page error! HELP!!

pippy

I purchased an Inspirion Athlon 64 dual processor about a month ago. Problem started when I downloaded an anti virus program NOD32. Work fine, but when I woke up this morning I couldn't browse the net. I can get my degault home page fine, but as soon as I try to get on another site or check my email I get the "IE can't display webpage".

I uninstalled the antivirus program and it still does it! Spent hours and I mean hours on the phone with Dell tech support and they can't figure it out either!

My ISP is sbc and I run a 2 wire 1000HG router. My other PC which runs win2k is fine.

Did system restore- didn't work, and reinstalled vista to it's original factory settings twice!

Any one have the same problems that found a fix! I'm at my wits end. The only thing I can think of is I have a bad PC and should ship it back to Dell!

Well that didn't help, but I'm getting closer to the problem and hoping you can help me. I believe what my problems is, after massive research is a DNS problem.

I uncheck the TCP/IPv 6 under Networking and I am able to browse better, but on some websites it hang and then I get the can't display page error.

Now I need to figure out how to configure my IP settings to hopefully stop the hanging.

Update!!

I believe I fixed the problem. It was a DNS problem. Went under Network connections and after unchecking the IPV6 I double clicked on the IPV4. Under the general tab I selected "use the following IP address. I entered my IP address and the Gateway address in the "default gateway". Selected "use the following DNS server address" and entered my IP address in the preferred DNS server and the gateway address in the alternate DNS server. After that I clicked on the advance tab and under the IP setting tab I entered my IP address in the IP address field and my Gateway address in the Gateway field. Under the DNS tab, I made sure my IP address was listed first and the Gateway second.

BAM! Went online and browse the websites I frequent with no problems!! I did have a problem getting to this site. Would click on the link and I would get an error (I was using an alternte PC when I originally posted). Fixed that by changing my local internet security options to medium.

I hope this take care of the problem, so far so good! Now I need to reinstall my antivirus and hopefully it will still work.

My new question is: why did I not have this problem when I first got the PC, but only after I installed NOD32?

If you have any other advice for me, it would be greatly appreciated!

I have the same problem before, I used NOD32 3.563.0 then I replace my antivirus with BitDefender free edtion.

Now Im surfing the net faster than before.

Try it.

I have the same problem before, I used NOD32 3.563.0 then I replace my antivirus with BitDefender free edtion.

Now Im surfing the net faster than before.

Try it.

There we go... Looks like NOD32 isn't Vista friendly..

Well I believe I made the mistake when I downloagd NOD32. See I did not know vista came with a firewall cause when I ordered the PC I didn't want any antivirus on it, so I think that inititially caused the problem.

Im still having that display page error trying to go on certain websites, I have never been on before. Still playing with the security settings. Im going to contact my ISP tomorrow and see if I can get an upgrade on my router. If I can get this problem fixed, I will load NOD32 back on but this time make sure the vista firewall is turned off and my router (which has a built in firewall) is disconnected from my PC.

If nothing works then I guess I do a clean install and load Win2k.

Back
Top Bottom