Windows 7 Ie dns error, connection ok, ie wont work

CJGJ

My Husband just bought me a new AMD Phenom II that came with Windows 7 already installed. We also have a laptop with Windows Vista. Our Wireless router is Lynksis. My new computer shows a connection to the wireless router, when troubleshooting, says no problems. When trying to search for someting wrong (I dont know how I found this) It did say that I have a DNS error, but I have no connectivity errors. My poor husband has spent all week trying to get this fixed, but online with Lynksis support and researched and done just about everying...DOES ANYONE think they can help? PRETTY PLEASE!! It was an awesome birthday gift..i feel bad that he can't get it to work for me... Thank you!

Didn't find any system specs under your user profile, so it's difficult to make accurate suggestions. If it's truly a dns error, then perhaps hard coding the DNS information into the properties of IPv4, under the properties of your network card will help. I suggest attempting to use publicly provided DNS info such as google's 8.8.8.8 preferred and 8.8.4.4 alternate. You should also try to disable IPv6 under the properties of your network card to see if that helps at all. So system specs with details on the network adapter(s) you are attempting to use as well as Router manufacturer, model name, number and version information would maybe help. If it's a desktop with an integrated embedded NIC then the MoBo info would also help.

Sorry, I am REALLY dumb when it comes to computers. I appreciate your help, but I have absolutly no idea what you are talking about or how to do what you suggested. Here is the Info on the computer that we bought. If this isn't the info you need about the computer, let me know. I might end up taking it somewhere, becuase I am like a Kindegartner in the School of computers.

Model# SEA7PX94522L
AMD fans rejoice! The Mirus SEA7PX945 now offers the latest AMD Phenom2 technology! top of the line extreme Performance at an affordablecost!!! This is defintely the Bang for your Buck deal! Perfect forgamers, video & print graphic designers, or anyone who wants QuadCore processing power! This desktop packs mind-blowing speed! Runhigh-color at large display format to juice up the experience. Comeswith Microsoft 7 Home Premium and 22'' Widescreen LCD in the bundle!
• Operating System: Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
• Software: Norton Internet Security with 90 days free protection updates, Nero DVD Suite for authoring your DVD media contents
• Processor: AMD Phenom II Quad Core X4 945
• Processor Speed: 3.0GHz
• Chipset: Nvidia GeForce 8200
• Cache (L2): 4 x 512KB L2 Cache, 6MB L3 Cache
• Memory: 4GB PC2-6400 DDR2 memory, (8GB Max Supported)
• Hard Drive: 1TB 7200RPM Serial ATA hard drive
• Optical Drive(s): SuperMulti DVD RW 8x Dual Layer DVD+R, 20x DVR-R, 6x DVD-RW, 20x DVD+R, 8x DVD+RW, 48x CDR, 32x CDRW
• Video Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8200
• Network Interface: 10/100/1000 Base-T network interface
• Wireless: 802.11G Wireless Capability for Internet access
• Sound: High Definition Audio, 8 speaker configurable, VIA VT1708B
• Memory Slots: 4 DIMM (240-pin, DDR2)
• Expansion Slots: 2 PCI slots; 1 PCI Express x1; 1 PCI Express x16
• Expansion Bays: 2 external 5.25" (one available); 1 external 3.5" (one available); 2 internal 3.5" (one available)
•ExternalPorts:6USB 2.0 ports (Back); 2 USB 2.0 (Front); Headphone;Microphone(Front);1PS/2; 1 e-SATA; LAN; Microphone/Line-in/Line-out;D-SubVGA-out(Back);DVI; HDMI; 15-in1 Memory Card Reader
• Mouse and Keyboard: Included
• Speakers: Included
• Dimensions: 6.8" (W) x 16.5" (L/D) x 14.5" (H)
• Weight: ~23 lbs
• Warranty: 1 year limited Parts and Labor Warranty
• Monitor: 22’’ Widescreen LCD 1680 x 1050

Any other ideas that you could maybe type step by step would be wonderful. I really appreciate your response.

Christy

OK, let's assume for the moment that it is only a DNS issue. Please hold down the windows logo key on the bottom left side of your keyboard between the Ctrl and the Alt keys and strike the "r" key. This will open the run dialog box, type ncpa.cpl and hit enter, in the resultant window select your network adapter (should say something like "Local area connection" then right click and choose properties. In the resultant window uncheck IPv6 and select IPv4 and click the properties button in the resultant window near to the bottom than to the top put a dot in the radio button that says use the following dns servers and then enter manually 8.8.8.8 preferred and 8.8.4.4 alternate. I don't expect this to work wonders however it has helped in the past when some routers were having problems with forwarding and or IPv6. See attachment and let us know if this helped

Back